Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ahhhhhh

Did you all just hear me exhale? Well if you missed it I did. I just submitted my final project for the class that I am taking. Over the next two weeks I have 5 short...very short essays to write and 2 quizzes then I am DONE! I will have successfully completed my 6th class towards becoming a nurse practitioner.

I hate to say it but I have already started to look ahead. I will not lie I am a bit nervous about the spring trimester because I will be required to take 4 classes...YIKES! That is three more than I usually take. I will also have to travel to Missouri again for a week. Here is the exciting part after next trimester I will be more than half way done! My hope is to get all of my remaining projects done this week. Monday the latest!

I had hoped to post on Turkey day but on such little sleep there would be so many more misspelled words that I am sure you all would not be able to read it. This year turned out to be a quiet year. In attendance was Gerard's parents, my Mother, My sister Joan minus her husband (because he was feeling too ill), My sister Jenny (with a belly full of babies), her friends Bernie, Jessica, Jack and their baby Ryan.

Anna was so excited for Turkey day. Believe it or not turkey is one food that she will eat. When she realized a baby was coming her excitement only grew. I got about 4 hours of sleep because I had worked the night before but the meal was prepped and the cooking was no problem for such a small group.

The house was cleaned up by 8 pm and everyone except Gerard's parents were on their way home. Anna cried "They can't leave. It is turkey day!" I held my baby and just rocked her until she fell asleep. I took a power nap, looked at the advertisements, grabbed my keys and hit Toys R Us! I can not say but I think a certain person will be quite happy on Christmas morning. Now that I got the shopping out of the way I feel like I can really get the Christmas spirit going in our house. Me-Me and I sat down today to look at our calendars to coordinate fancy projects and baking.

I hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day like we did.

2 comments:

JennStar said...

I thought about you on Thursday and wondered how many people you would have over! LOL! Great job on your marathon work-nap-cook-clean-shop! And it's perfectly acceptable to look ahead, especially when you look so far ahead that you see that you'll be half done after this big hurdle! Great job, Joy!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Wow Joy!!! You are amazing!! I am inspired to sit down and make my to do list for the next few months on house projects, etc. BTW--as a reward, how about coming down here, all three of you, the first weekend of June for the Horse and Colt show in Upperville, VA???? We would love to have youall stay with us and then go. It's so much fun and Anna will love it!!