Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Activites Part 1

We have been busy. So much has happened that I plan on breaking this post up into 3 different entries. Since Anna has been home one of our new family Christmas activities has been to decorate gingerbread houses. Last week La-La and I looked at the calendar and realized that the number of days that we could get together to do gingerbread houses were very few. We made a plan for Monday. A mass text went out to everyone who might be interested. Well La-La ended up cancelling due to homework that still needed to be finished but Aunt Jenny, Bernie (Aunt Jenny's friend), Hans and Me-Me were still able to make it. Maybe next year La-La.

I have to laugh because each year we have a vision for what our houses will look like that get totally abandoned during the actual making of the houses. This was Aunt Jenny's first year that she was able to decorate a house because in past years she was driving. I laughed because she told me that it was much harder than it appears. I think Hans really enjoyed it this year. He would put the candy on and then lick it off. He is such a boy and an funny kid to boot.

Did you notice his hair cut? Me-Me asked the barber for a trim and he buzzed it all off. She is in shock. Hans has mixed emotions over the hair cut. He keeps asking "Where is my hair?" Gerard loves it Greg (Hans' Dad thinks it is a bit short). He looks so much older with it short. Any way how about some pictures of the houses.

This year Anna was less into decorating I think because she was tired. She already had a long day at school. Next year we will plan it for one of her days off. Although she was still quite excited about the candy.







When all is said and done we had a very nice evening. I love how I get to spend so much time with my family. I would truly miss them if we lived farther away.

No comments: