Sunday, September 30, 2012

Anna's hair cut

This past August Anna was watching the same movie over and over. This is something that she will do every once in a while. The movie that she was watching was Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. In all I actually like this movie so I did not mind that she watches it. After about the 80th time I realized that one of the horses that I had bought Anna at the thrift store was who we refer to as Girl Horse or Spirit's girlfriend. So that is neat.

Well in the story Spirit the main character is forced to have his hair cut. I was in my office listening to her and the movie (Yes my house is that small) then I heard what sounded like scissors. My first reaction was to jump up and check out the situation. Yup, Anna cut her hair. Just a little off the side. The funny or not so funny thing is she cried when I took the scissors away because she wanted all of her hair cut off. This made me a little sad because I was remembering her hair cut from the orphanage. Of course I was over thinking it all and then I realized that the movie was to the point where Spirit gets his hair all cut off. She was crying to be like the Spirit the horse.

Prior to this event I had bought Anna scissors that are made for children specifically so that they do not cut hair. I looked down and saw that she had tried them first. When they did not work she set out to find my scissors that will cut pretty much anything. Through her tears she said "Those ones are broken" meaning her special safety scissors. It was hard not to laugh. The poor dear cried for over 30 minutes. Anyone who is a FB friend knows that this story is old but I wanted to make sure that I did not forget it so that is why is coming to the blog so late.




 
We did go and get her hair cut. We chatted with the hair dresser prior to the hair cut. We talked about how she had to go to school to learn to cut hair and that it was illegal to cut hair without a license.  I am hoping that we do not have any more illegal hair cuts around these parts.

Anna and I talked more about this the other day when I heard her and Nicole mention that they wanted to give each other hair cuts. As a result of this Anna is only allowed to cut her horses hair and only when I am there to help with scissors that are way less sharp.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Oh No! I did the same about age 5! Please be my friend on face book! I cannot find you! Janet

Deb said...

Ack! I will make sure that movie is NEVER allowed in my house. I dread the day Isabel gets this idea.