Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall Fancy Project Day

I had picked Anna up from school and she asked so nicely to go to the Big Bad Wolf park. This is what she calls it I think because we also walk the nature trails there like the story of Little Red Ryan Hood (yes this is what Anna calls it and I think it is too funny to correct her). She promised not to cry when it was time to leave which is my big anxiety. I just hate a melt down even though it happens so infrequently but I had other plans for us this evening.

Around 5 pm Me-Me and Hans joined us at the park. They ran around a bit then the rains started. As we walked back to the car both of them did really well until they figured out that they we had two cars. Anna and Hans wanted to ride together but wanted both Me-Me and I in the car with them as well. A few tears flowed until we got them to understand that we were all going to the same place. They do love being together.

Our first project was a pine cone turkey but the problem is I had not washed and dried the pine cones so perhaps next week we will get a chance to do them. Instead I pulled out two art canvas that my Mother gave us for the kinds. Those along with some paint and a Pinterest idea we came up with the cutest wall hangings. Here is where I got the inspiration for our project. Ours is a little different but the same basic concept. My Mother and sister Jenny (the pregnant one) came in because we were going to also have dinner.

It does not matter some times how old you are and I fully admit I love to wind up my sister. Tonight it was teasing Jenny about needing to have two of every hand made project.  Now I know the pictures of Anna and Hans look like "Awe look at how sweet and nicely they do projects." Well I can tell you usually it is a hot mess. Hans will take off at a moments notice with his hands covered in paint. Anna will paint the wall, table or anything else that she deems should be red. Me-Me and I laugh because when it is all said and done it all gets cleaned up. Really it is about making memories and having fun. So yes Me-Me and I allow a certain level of mess to occur. You will notice there are pictures of the first stage of the project and the finished project nothing in between.

Tonight we made a tree with leaves that were different colors. Yes, we guided them through each stage so this was a little more mommy controlled than usual. We painted the whole canvas blue, used a blow dryer to dry the paint quickly, then we made a dotted line for the green area, more blow drying, the sun came next, the tree trunk then the leaves. We dried it after each step.

I am amazed as to how big these two have gotten.




 
 
I found a nail and promptly hung it up in the dinning room. One day I think I will be very glad that I have so many things with her little hand print on it.

2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Adorable!! Love it!

Melissa said...

Very cute! We had a big mess here last weekend as Colby and his cousin Keith painted their pumpkins. Can't say I enjoy the cleanup but they had so much fun!
Melissa