Friday, September 21, 2012

Housework is a blessing

So for the past month I have been following the FlyLady. My house got out of control over the summer. We do so much better when it is organized and clean. One of the things that she talks about is that housework is a blessing. Yes, I have been repeating this over and over. Gerard usually just laughs at me and we kid and joke about it. The truth is that it is a blessing. I have (in my opinion) a beautiful house. It is structurally sound. I am cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I can easily cook and bath. Having my home is a blessing therefore keeping it neat, and clean is a blessing too.

I my habits have a way of influencing Anna's habits. As I clean I smile now. I tell her that housework is a blessing. Which brings us to last Thursday evening. I was cleaning out the beach stuff from my car and the 40 lbs of sand that accumulated over the summer. Anna was riding Lucky (her bike) in the driveway. She rode over to me and asked to go to the park. I stopped and thought for a minute...everything else (except my homework) was done! No wash to fold, bathrooms were clean and everything else pretty much straightened up. I told her "Yes, Anna lets go!"

She was so excited to walk over to the park. By keeping my house together I was able to do something I really wanted to do with Anna. No guilt. I did not have to rush. I grabbed my camera and we were off to the park.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't think I will say housework is a blessing. I am blessed to have a house but not so happy to clean it! As for the previous post, I will keep Jenny in our prayers. Hope everything works out ok.
Melissa