Saturday, September 8, 2012

Time out!

Well someone was put into time out today. Any guess? Me! For the past two days I have had a burst of cleaning energy. I think when summer hit I let my house go to pot mostly because I did not want my summer with Anna to be focused on keeping a clean, neat and orderly home but instead I wanted it to be packed with fun.

This summer we did a ton of stuff. I lined up so many activities that well cleaning was the last thing on the list. My house started to really bug me about 2 weeks ago. I kept telling myself in two weeks I will miss my clean and neat living room.

So like I said I spent most of Friday deep cleaning my kitchen. I mean REALLY cleaning it. This of course flowed into me deep cleaning the dining room. I stopped at about 8 pm when I realized it was cozy time. A touch of panic set in because I still had not finished my homework for this week. Gerard is convinced I will do just about anything to get out of doing my homework (insert the image of me cleaning the vents with a tooth brush). Gerard's plan for Saturday was to clean up the drain, clean and store the pool. I added in draining the hot tub mostly because I like the water to be changed regularly.

We were both up when he got back from the gym this morning and I was up cleaning again. I had the entire hall bathroom torn apart. I am driving Gerard crazy because I have switched to cleaning with vinegar which by the way I love (yes even the smell). Anna foiled his plans very early in the day with "Daddy you be the horse and I be the goat." Yes he played with Anna's plastic animals with her for over an hour therefore he got very little done before work.

Then Anna released him for a couple of minutes because she wanted to read a few books. I was cleaning across the hall and listening to her read. Gosh I love that. I heard her hop off the bed and run into the kitchen. She returned and said "You are in time out! You have to read to me now until the timer goes off." Time out is not something that we use in our home but she has seen Hans be given a time out so I am guessing this is where she got it from. How sweet my punishment was. We read books, laughed and giggled. The timer went off and I was released from my time out.

Anna hopped off the bed to find Gerard. I over heard her same to him "It is your turn to hold me." Yes that is just what he did. I am so blessed to have had this weekend off. I know going back to school for her was hard this year because of the separation so being home with her this weekend was so wonderful.

Tomorrow morning I have to figure out a craft for Grandparent's day.

4 comments:

Shameme Adams said...

I bet it will be a great day whatever you plan!!. I am a girl in ENGLAND and I would just LOVE new friend like you!!. I can't email you as on this new laptop I have when I try it won't let me but tbh, I didn't want to infringe on your privacy anyway. PLEASE email me shameme.adams@gmail.com, I would be delighted to hear from you!. I have been to New Jersey!!, nice place!!.

Shameme x

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I just love a clean house. . .and LOVE your time out punishment!!! : ) Anna keeps growing and maturing. Love it!!

Melissa said...

I love that time out! I'd take it any day. Today's time out- The Bethlehem Fair. Family, animals, and food. Yeah! Cleaning will just have to wait.
Melissa

Janet said...

I would love that time out! Hearing all the great things Anna does just makes me smile! Janet