Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Russian cookies

Every time Gerard and I go to the Russian store we search (not that hard) to find these cookies. I really have been trying to stick to my budget so in addition to making brewed ice tea I am trying to find out alternative ways to save on snacks. Gerard is a BIG cookie eater. I have always had a hard time keeping cookies in the house because he will eat half in one sitting. The stink never gains an ounce.

Which brings us to today. No more money in the grocery budget until tomorrow but I knew he would be searching through the house for cookies tonight. That is when this popped into my mind...I would make these cookies. How hard could it be? Well not hard at all is the answer.

Basically it is 2 egg whites beaten to stiff peaks, a couple of teaspoon of sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla. Then piped onto a cookie sheet. I have a weird liner that I use but I have no clue what the name of it is. You can also use parchment paper. Bake at 210 degrees for 1.5 hours. They separate easily from my weird liner. They are quite sweet but the ones I have tasted from the Russian store are always very sweet. 

Very easy and worth trying. Like I said they are very sweet but I bet good with tea.


2 comments:

Jaime and Josh said...

Yum!
We use to call those meringue kisses!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Yum!! Sounds a lot like Divinity. . .