Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A wedding and a baby

When I say the last two weeks of the summer were busy I meant it. About 3 weeks ago my older sister decided that she and her boyfriend should get married. Now my older sister is extremely shy and honestly is not so comfortable in a crowd so a big wedding is out of the question for her. She very calmly told us one afternoon that she was going to get married at the court house the following Thursday if we wanted to go. Well...Yes...I want to go!

My new brother in law (Reggie) was actually one of the random people who showed up for Thanksgiving the year that Anna came home. Yes, we usually have random people at our home for thanksgiving pretty much every year. We are very happy to add him to the family tree. I really like him a lot. He is good to my sister and good for her too. The combination of the two can be hard to find.

Of course I decided that you can not get married without flowers and a cake at least. So I ordered a small cake and made her a flower arrangement for a combination of flowers from Shop Rite and my garden all wrapped up in a piece of lace.

Pictures please...here they are!

My Mother, Michael (Joanie's son), Joanie & Reggie

Anna, Me, Jenny (my younger sister) Nanny & Jessica (my older sister)



This is one of my favorite pictures of my sister because she looks so happy.

 Hans kept asking for a knife and no one could figure out why. After I investigated into why he needed a knife it was because he was ready for cake of course.
 
 
And now for the baby! Who is excited? Well I am! So a few weeks back I talked about not being ready to have another baby and for us that is still the case...but...our family is growing!
 
No Gerard and I are not having a baby or adopting but my little sister Jenny is having a baby or 2 or perhaps 3! Yes, you read that right. We found out that Jenny was going to have a baby. Jenny is a year younger than I am and having a baby was never on her radar. I think that with the addition Hans, Sloan and Anna she started to feel a little sad that she never had a child.
 
Jenny drives an 18 wheel truck. Yup, she is an over the road trucker. the lease on her truck was coming due so she had started the search for a new truck. She found the style that she wanted in Phoenix, Arizona. She was about to start the trip out to purchase this truck for close to 175,000 dollars. Yes, you read that right (I think it is a ton of money). She decided to take a pregnancy test prior to leaving and bing, bang, boom she was pregnant!
 
We made an appointment about 3 weeks ago mostly because I thought she looked a little, well how do I say this nicely...big! We went to the doctors appointment as a group and they did an ultrasound that told us that she was pregnant but that the pregnancy was very early. I only saw one baby but than again I am not an expert at ultrasounds. We all left the office and my sister turned to me and said "See I am just fat!" Okay I did feel a little bad but really I was mostly concerned that we was very far along and worried for her.
 
Well she needed to be scheduled for another ultrasound appointment to find the heart beat. I wanted her to be able to have that moment when she first hears her baby's heart beat privately. So after the appointment she calls us at my house where we are waiting to hear from her. To hear her tell the story is very funny so I hope it comes across that way as I write it.
 
She tells us that the ultrasound took forever and that the doctor was pretty quiet so she started to think the worst so she said "Hey dude is everything okay?" The doctor replies with "Oh yes it is just harder to get the separate heart beats in a multiple pregnancy." Jenny replies with "Say WHAT? What does that mean?" The doctor states "Well I see at least two babies and possibly a third. You will have to come back for another ultrasound."
 
So I feel better that I was not actually calling her fat and we are all still in shock and amazed! 

 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Very exciting news all around. Congrats everywhere!
Melisa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh my!!!!!! WEll, congratulations!!!!!! Talk about catching up all at once! : ) What great fun being an aunty. . .

tara said...

So exciting! God is so good. I just love to read about your family...y'all are so fun.

Janet said...

WOW! Possible 3? How wonderful! Congrats Aunt Joy! Janet