Friday, September 28, 2012

A Fever

I am so blessed that Anna is usually a very healthy little girl. However with that being said going back to school has been difficult for her. This past summer not a single runny nose, cough or ache. This past week she started with a runny nose that progressed to a bit of a cough and last night a fever. I was lucky because I was called off which I was ever so thankful for because I just knew she was not feeling well.

In the middle of the night she rolled over and I could feel the heat coming off her little body. I took her temperature and was shocked that it was 103.1. The little dear was sleeping so nicely too. I woke her up and gave her Tylenol for the fever. It came down nicely but I was glad that I was off because I am not sure Gerard would have realized until he checked in on her in the morning. I did wake him up just so he could feel how hot she was. This way he will know the difference in the future.

I am sure it is just a virus because she bounced back this morning with her usual spunky self. My Mother came over this afternoon because I needed to work at the book fair. I signed up before Anna got sick and I really did not want to back out. Anna was crushed when I left for the 2 hours but according to my Mother she came around about 30 minutes after I left. I both love and hate that she misses me so much when I leave.

Thank goodness my Mother is good at entertaining her. When I got home my living room was covered in white yarn. Anna wanted to make a spider web so that is what they worked on for over an hour. Anna made me promise not to touch it until her Daddy gets to see it. She has such a large imagination for such a small package.

On a side note Gerard has interviewed for a new job and he is one of the top two picks. I am both excited and cautious about this change. He is not in love with his current job and fears another lay-off is in sight that is the reason why he was looking. I am putting it in God's hands. If this is the right job for our family then that is what I want. I know he is missing Anna like crazy...me probably not as much since I have been a bit crabby.

I have a lot of soul searching to do. I am not perfect but I could make a few changes in myself that could be positive for us all. Mostly so I am less crabby.

3 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Poo Anna!! Aidan just got over his THIRD cold since school starte. . .luckily they only last about 5 days. I think it gets easier with time but it's still hard to see them suffer even for a little bit!

Good luck to Gerard. And you don't seem crabby to me. . .you want to see crabby??? Watch me!!! : ) Although those vitamins have helped me a LOT!

God bless and we miss you all too!! No Caps (lockout) and no Facebook. : ( I'll be back on FAcebook after the election. Can't take the madness. . .

Delana said...

Praying her sickness passes soon!
http://nineyearpregnancy.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/weekly-photo-challenge-solitary-2/
Blessings,
Delana

Melissa said...

Hugs from us! Glad you're feeling better Anna.

Joy, I think you and I both might need some searching. It has not been an easy transition for me changing schools for work. I think Colby handled the change better than me. Hopefully we can become grounded again soon.
Melissa