Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Birthday

I am the proud parent of a 5 year old! How did that happen? Today has been somewhat low key. Gerard, Anna and I just hung out around the house this morning until he left for work.

My friend Sarah and her sister Katie invited us to go apple picking at a near by farm. When they mentioned which farm I realized this was the first farm that we bought Anna to three years ago. So now I am super excited and glad I grabbed my camera. We are waiting, Anna is sleeping so I thought this was a good time to blog a little.

When I get home I will upload the pictures from today. As I drove here I thought of my dad. I always think of him more when Jenny is close by. The two of them are so much alike. As we drove along there is a particular hill (Okay really just a big bump in the road) that reminds me of him. I stopped and took a picture. Yes, I stopped in the middle of the road. Not much traffic after all.

I just did not want this experience to pass without blogging about it. I still have to write about Anna's hair cut from August.  


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Anna! You're getting to be such a big girl. And you share this day with my mom. Today is her birthday too!
Melissa

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Anna. Today is also my son Jakes birthday who also turned 5 and is from Ekat Russia. WOW so much in common. I am still hoping we can go on the July cruise just trying to figure out the expensives. I am a single mom of 2 sons so not sure if we can make it or not.

Beth