Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Transformation complete

A while back I mentioned that I was changing my laundry room around a bit. I am one of those people who need a desk if I am going to school. I like being able to just walk in sit down and start. One night at work it came to me that if I had the stacking dryer that matched my washer I could put a desk in the laundry room.

I can not believe I did not think of this sooner. my laundry room is literally only 5feet X 7 feet. A pretty big room for a small house. In fairness to my small house I have a very large master bedroom that could easily fit a desk. If Anna is sleeping in there then I would be limited. My master bedroom is tucked away behind the garage and completely away from the rest of the house. If I were in the laundry room I can hear everything that is going on in the living room if Anna is playing. Basically a very good spot for me to have an office.

So this morning as Anna continues to sleep I am in my new office. I have installed my drink coaster on my new desk. I am ready to get busy. I do have a funny story about buying a new computer but I will leave that for another day.

The before: I only had 2.5 feet between the dryer and the window.



The after. The office area now measures 5 foot X 5 foot and feels quite roomy.



I have finally found the perfect spot for my sign. It reads...Where are you on your journey? Life is a journey after all.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Love it!! Can you post more pictures of your adorable house?? That desk is perfect and I love the beach house feel that room has!!

JennStar said...

It looks great! Love the desk!!!!

Melissa said...

Love the new look. Seems like a great place to get some work done. And I did read your last post. Makes me sad to hear Anna was crying for you but it is a good thing too. Proves you all really have bonded and she definitely loves her Mama! YEAH! Hope you had a great and very productive trip.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love it!!! And I love that you put your desk under the window so you can look outside every so often. . .perfect! You're on your way!

Still planning some weekend and day trips to Philly and Baltimore this summer. . .I'll touch base when we start to firm things up to see if you all can join us.

Real Estate Philippines said...

I envy your style, the idea that your post is a tiny bit unusual makes it so interesting, I am fed up of seeing the same stuff all of the time.

land for sale Philippines