Sunday, May 1, 2011

Avoidance & Anna's first real play date

Yes that is the word that I would use to describe my behavior. I have so much that I need to write about yet I hate to keep a secret. Soon I promise I will be able to tell you what is testing us. I so want to tell you because I am a little shocked at my own personal response that I think it might help others.

Saturday was a big day for us. I picked Anna up from the camp ground. Ann got to go with La-La, Jim Dear, Greg, Me-Me and Hans. The camp ground is literally up the street from my home and I knew Gerard was going to be home if she got scared and wanted to come home. She had a great time. I am not really camping material but I may have to start to make an exception for Anna.


We were invited to watch Anna's teacher get married. Miss C sent home a notice about 2 weeks ago, Anna had no real clue as to what we were doing but was excited to see her friends. We watched from the balcony. By far we had the best seats in the house.

About halfway through the service Anna was getting a little restless. This was a very special day for Miss C so I decided to take Anna outside to wait for the service to end. We blew a few bubbles (Miss C said that is what she was going to have at the church so we were prepared). A few minutes later the guest started to come out of the church. We were joined by all but one child from her class so I was glad that I made the effort to take Anna...at least I was up to that point.

Waiting for Miss C.

We all waited at the front of the church for the formal pictures to be done then out came Miss C now know as Mrs. M. She wanted a picture with all the students and before I knew it one of the other mothers pushed Anna to the front of the pack of kids. Anna was still quite busy blowing bubbles. I felt my heart beat race, I called out to Mrs. S the teacher's assistant to keep an eye on Anna. I remember trying to push my way to the front to be able to grab Anna.

I was able to see on my tip toes Mrs. M bend down for a quick photo, Anna was like a bubble machine. Then I saw Mrs. M step away. I reached into try and grab Anna who was about 6 inches too far away, then I heard it. The shocked sighs from the crowd. Then I heard Anna say to Mrs S "All done. Empty." I knew in the pit of my stomach this was not good. I stretched to reach her and caught a glimpse of the flower girl in her beautiful taupe colored dress cover from chest to hem with Anna's bubbles.

I am not sure what happened. Mrs. S said someone knocked into Anna which I am sure is what happened but it did not make me feel any better. Mrs. S said she would explain it to Mrs. M and that it would be okay. I just feel so bad for Mrs. M but worst for the flower girl who was old enough to know this was not good.

I want to get her something so that she knows just how sorry I am but I just do not know what to pick up. Anna and I have practiced saying sorry so that she can tell Mrs. M herself.

After the wedding Anna had her first real play date with a classmate. I drive and pick up Anna so I have met a few of the mothers and see them pretty much everyday. I had suggested that we do something after the wedding to the one mother that I really like so we decided to play at her house.

Here is the craziness about how small of a town I live in. We watched Vivian's house be built. They live across the lagoon from Gerard's parents. I am about 90% sure I took care of Vivian when she was born.

I really like this mother (Virginia). She is funny, quick witted and likes to have fun. Vivian has good manners and I like what I have seen of Virginia's parenting of her daughter. The girls played hard together and really seemed to have fun. I am so sad for us that Vivian will be going into kindergarten because I really like her and her parents. I hope our paths cross again some day. Hopefully we will be able to get together again.

I do have some pictures to add to this entry but I am blogging from my phone. I promise to add them later.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ugh! You have me on pins and needles with this news of yours. I can't imagine what it might be. As for the wedding, I am sure Anna's teacher knows it was an accident. Besides, Anna is too cute to be mad at! I bet the day was wonderful.
Melissa