Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It worked! Baptism favors are almost done!

I was able to figure out how to put the text on the pictures of Anna thanks to my blogger friend. I thought I just might share with you all what it looked like. I decided to put the pictures on the back of the cards that I put the poem on.



Jean I used your favorite verse for the picture that I put in the locket for AM. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I often marvel how things seem to work out. I hope they work out for you too.



I ordered the sand dollars. They are beautiful. At first I was thinking about making them into a Christmas tree ornament but I think I will use them to tie up the bag of candy.




I got the final number of people to the restaurant yesterday. We had invited about 70 people to come but only about half are able to attend. At first I was a little upset but there is a quite a bit of positive that will come from having a smaller party. First off I changed the dinner selections to ones I like better. They cost a little bit more but with less people coming I figured I should have what I like. Now I know that with size party I will be able to spend plenty of time with each of our guests.

I ordered off Etsy a little gift for both Eddie and AM, Anna's God Parents. I was so happy to be able to keep with the theme of her favors. For Eddie a pewter key chain with a sand dollar at the end. For AM a silver locket with a sand dollar on it. I love Shutterfly because when you order pictures from them they send a proof sheet of pictures. I was able to use one of those for the locket.





Yesterday I bought a dress for myself but I may take it back because it is sleeveless. I will try it on again and get the girls opinion first. La-La bought her new shoes yesterday. Aside from getting Gerard's clothes together I am just about ready for the celebration.

6 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Baptism is such a big Sacrament. . .it is awesome. . .and I think you are awesome with your ideas and favors!! Can't wait to hear more about Gerard's clothes! : ) I made Pat buy a really nice expensive suit a few years ago--he has gotten his use from it!! Court, baptism, a funeral or two as well as a wedding!! all the good things in life.

Melissa said...

Wow! Sounds like a big celebration. I hope the day brings warm sunshine and lots of smiles. I love the photos. Anna looks beautiful in that white dress.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! It just all looks beautiful! And as I scrolled down & read the verse on the first picture, I just started to cry... Then you even commented about me with it, & now I want to bawl! What beautiful pictures, what beautiful verses, what a beautiful little girl... So fitting with Anna coming to you & you coming to Anna. Praying for baptismal blessings on her -- baptism is so, so special to me. Someday please share with Anna that that verse was suggested by someone who saw her & you as inspirations... Thank you! God bless!
Jean

Ms. Elaine said...

Love the pictures and the scriptures. Can't wait to hear how it all goes for Anna and your family. I agree a smaller group will be much more intiment.

Janet said...

Dear Joy, The plans sound great! And the favors are beautiful! Love the picture of Anna and the verse! Cant wait to see pictures of the Baptism! Janet