Sunday, September 12, 2010

Baptism is done

One of the greatest honors Anna can give you is to name a toe after you. Yes you read that correctly. For months (like 7 or more) when Anna decides that she like you she will talk about you when she is in her car seat. Of course Mamma, Daddy, Nanny, Hans, Me-Me, La-La and Jimmy or a long pause is also Jimmy then Coco have been some of her favorites. Yesterday after Anna's Baptism Eddie was added to the toe list. The list does get changed up because we have so many family members and so few toes.

The stress of getting out of the house yesterday for Anna's Baptism ended up being much less then I thought it would be. I do think the stress was only lessened because I had packed the car the night before. The running joke this week was what will Gerard wear.

Let me clue you in on a little funny story. A couple of years ago when Gerard and I were build our other house we packed up everything and each lived out of a very small duffel bag. The construction of our house took longer then we thought and we were invited to a wedding. I just bought a new dress easy enough but Gerard borrowed an old suit from his Uncle Bucky. Okay I joke that the suit is about 45 years old but to be honest it is only about 30 years old.

So yesterday when he went to put his suit real suit it was no where to be found. Only Uncle Bucky's suit. I did tear the house apart and found it, lucky for him or should I say me.

The Baptism was beautiful. The priest was brand new and this was his first Baptism. Of course with most 2 almost 3 year olds, things like a Baptism can be tricky. Anna did wonderful. She laid her head back and giggled through the Baptism. I got a great picture of it but alas both Gerard and Eddie were in the picture so I am not able to post it. Sister Pat told us were could take more pictures of Anna by the holy water and that she was allowed to play in it some. So here is a picture from that.




Anna smiling at her Papa



Anna and I before the service started



Gerard, Anna and Sister Pat



My Mother, Anna and I



Gerard's Parents and Anna

The party after the service was very nice. I was blessed to have so many of my friends show up. Even the ones who had worked the night before. In all the day was perfect. I do wish that I had gone with my instinct to have a photographer at the church because that felt a little crazy. I do think most people are scared of my camera so I think Joy Babe, my niece will have to spend a day with me learning how to use it well.

4 comments:

Dede said...

Love the toe naming story, too cute! Congrats on a successful Baptism, Anna looked beautiful just like her momma. ;-)

Dana Doctor said...

It was a pleasure meeting Anna. She had so much to tell me and one of her stories ended with a hug. She is a precious gift from god.

Laura said...

Many blessings to sweet little Anna. Congratulations on her baptism!

~Laura :)

junglemama said...

Love the toe story Joy! What a wonderful day with your little girl!