Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family Birthday Party

Gerard and I debated quite a bit over Anna's "Birthday Party." Yes I know that this may seem a bit excessive to have another Birthday party but I have a couple of reasons for doing celebrating her birth yet again.

First of all I love cake, plain and simple! Anna loves cake too. Blowing out candles on a cake is fun. When Anna sees a cake even if it is not a birthday cake she breaks out into her version of "Happy Birthday." When Anna gets a bump or scratch and she cries I hold her kiss her then ask her if there is anything else I can do the answer is always the same. "Cake!"

Gerard and I were planning a bigger party but Disney got in the way sorry folks. Gerard and I decided that we would just have family over with some sandwiches and cake of course. I have always said I would be as honest as I could be so here we go...My house is a mess and I have to cut or should I say Gerard has to cut the grass and I am still tired from Disney World.

I want this to be fun after all so I made the last minute decision to have her Birthday party out instead and to keep it small. Hopefully next year I will be able to get it together enough to invite some friends to her birthday party. I decided on Argo's Farm for their Halloween weekend. I think it is more of a fall festival but who am I to say.

Here are some corny pictures!





What is a farm without a couple cows?






There was a tunnel in the Hay stack



AHHH yes a pony rides








We returned to my messy house for some quick cake and another round of "Happy Birthday to you!"





This was a wonderful birthday party.

I will say fun was had by all.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Seems like the perfect birthday party. Anna certainly had fun. And cake is always good. Again, happy birthday to the big girl.
Melissa

Janet said...

The party looks like it was fun! And I am like Anna cake makes everything better! Sure would like to see a picture of Gerard! Janet

Janet said...

The party looks like it was fun! And I am like Anna cake makes everything better! Sure would like to see a picture of Gerard! Janet