Friday, September 24, 2010

Home from Disney!!

We are home sad to say from Walt Disney World. First let me say that Anna would have just loved saying at the hotel and swimming in the bath tub until she got to the park. Once we were at the park she really looked like she enjoyed every minute of our time there. Okay maybe not the waiting on line part but I feel fortunate that we were able to go during a slower time of the year for her first visit.

We kept it short and sweet, one day at the Magic Kingdom and one day at Typhoon Lagoon. We were up and out early on the day we went to the Magic Kingdom so we made it to the park by 9:30 am. Once we were through the gate we were greeted by Pluto. At first Gerard did not understand the point of waiting in line to see a character until he saw her reaction to being able to hug Pluto.




The pictures taken by the Disney Photopass photographers are way better and I am considering putting out the money for the big CD. I know don't tell me I am a sucker, I already know it.

From there we went to the Monster's Inc show, Gerard picked a seat my the end of the row. He was happy with his seat until he realized that random people's faces from the audience were put on the big screen during the show. For a man who does not like his photograph taken this was fun to watch.

The Buzz Lightyear ride was a ton of fun. Then it was off to meet the main mouse. The wait was about 15 minutes long to see Mickey & Minnie Mouse. I told Gerard that usually the wait is much longer then that so with that he was quite happy. While on line to meet the mouse we saw Pluto's dog house, no fence can keep Anna out.


This looks so familiar, yes now I remember August of 2009 Moscow.




Of course we did the Peter Pan ride, Dumbo and the Merri-go-round. The afternoon parade was a hoot. We got seats on the curb so she had a great view. Here is a classic Mr. Wilson picture of Gerard and one that was totally not staged.


Before the parade we found the man who does the black and white silhouettes. I love how ours turned out, we all look so young.




On our way out of the park in the afternoon we met up with Pooh and Tiger too!


We took a little rest in the late afternoon then we were back for the fireworks. Unfortunately, we missed them because the Monorail was down. We saw the last bit of them as we were reentering the park. Next time we will get to see them so I am not upset by that.

In all Anna LOVED the characters. She would run up to them give them a hug then come to get one of us. She smiled, laughed and did not melt down when we had to leave them.

But by far the funniest part of the day was when Gerard got us on a roller coaster. The pictures are amazingly funny. I am waiting to blog on the water park because I am waiting for the pictures to come back. I purchased a very expensive water proof disposable camera so I fun the pictures come out good.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad to hear she loved the characters. I'm not so sure how Colby would react. Sounds like a great vacation, short and sweet. Can't wait to bring Colby there. And when did Anna become such a young lady. Wow has she grown.
Melissa

Carrie said...

So glad you had fun!! There is just something so magical about Disney!! I don't think you will regret getting the photopass cd. Just a thought.

Melissa said...

Hey. Is Anna's birthday really Sept 22? That's my mom's birthday!

Beth said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!!! I can not wait to take my 2 sons to Disney since it is one of my favorite places ever!! I took my son Mattie when he was 2 and a half and he is now 5 and he still talks about it and wants to go back NOW. My son from Russia has been home with us for 6 months now and I am dying to take them both but being a single mom I will need to start saving and I am a teacher so I can not go when ever I want. But after seeing Anna's pictures and reading your blog I am aiming to take them in June when I get out of school. Oh and is Anna's birthday on Sept 22nd because that is Jakes birthday he just turned 3!!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Beth and her boys