Friday, June 4, 2010

Let the work begin

It has started. I knew it would. Just a matter of time I always said. Back when my Mother was sick last year I started a blog for her so that she could write about her feelings and perhaps help some one else. In a funny twist of fate it is my sister who will be using it.

Let me explain. She has decided to walk on the 3 day Walk for a Cure in Philadelphia. In the past I have helped others fund raise for different events and yes I even fund raised for the March of Dimes through my blog. Now she has been bitten. She and my Mother will start blogging about cancer and how they have been impacted by this disease. Yuk you say! No way you will enjoy reading their quirky craziness.

Please be kind to Jacqueline she is still a bit unsure of the blogger world. Please check it out and encourage them to write. I know that they will find a world of people who are caring and giving. Thank you all.

The link is here and fixed!

www.thiswillnotbeatme.blogspot.com

P.S. What about a raffle to help support her? Is this something that you all think you would like to see?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think the blog is a great idea. A cousin of mine was tested for the gene for breast cancer and she wrote in a health blog about it. As always I send my best warmest thoughts to you, your mom, and the rest of your family. As for a raffle??? What about one of your famous quilts, or a bonnet? I can't use a bonnet, don't think Colby would like that! But your quilts are beautiful.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Blogging is such a great avenue to release angst and uncertainty. I will absolutely support them in their efforts. . .Cancer is such an isidious disease. Absolutely do the raffle, or something. People will come. . .

Julie said...

link is not working for me...