Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Part One is Done

The first part of the surgery is over. Mom is tolerating the surgery well. The hysterectomy is complete the initial finds are A-Typical Hyperplasgia with foci areas of cancer. The doctor does believe that the cancer is in the early stages of cancer. The need for chemotherapy and or radiation therapy is unclear. We will need the final report on the areas of cancer before that plan can be made. My guess is that chemotherapy is in her future.

Please understand that I am happy with these results and breathing a sigh of relieve. Sounds crazy I know but I think the not knowing stage is far worse then knowing. Knowledge is power. We can make our plans now for the future.

She is now in the middle of the second part of the surgery to repair a hernia. This is good news!

3 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

knowing does help. I am glad you know something, even if it's not good news. A plan does bring some sort of peace when everything has been so unknown for so long. Still praying...

Melissa said...

Sending loving thoughts to you and your mom. I totally agree with the not knowing things being worse. It definitely is. Wishing for a quick recovery.

Barb said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you face what's next. Praying for a speedy recovery.