Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Preparing for surgery tomorrow

Last night Anna woke up at 2:30 am and was wide awake. By 4:00 am she was asking to be rocked and sung to in her bedroom. So I picked her up and that is what we did. Lucky for me she slept until 10:30 am this morning.

I feel like this week has already been a long week and it has only just started. I hate being away from Anna and for the next couple of days I will be away from her. My Mother's surgery is tomorrow so we leave for NYC in the morning around 5:30 am. Her surgery is scheduled for 12:00 pm.

Three of my sisters and I will be staying in the city close to the hospital. I am hoping that she will be discharged on Friday at least that is what I am going to push for. Much of what she would be doing in the hospital she can do at home. Friday night traffic can be pretty bad heading toward the shore so hopefully we will not get stuck in much traffic traveling home.

I will not be home until late Friday or perhaps Saturday. Thank goodness Gerard was able to take off some time so that Anna will at least have him if I am not available. La-La and Me-Me will be taking care of her so I know that she will do fine.

I guess I should pack and get things straightened up around here. Or I could just watch Anna sleep?

No comments: