Monday, June 7, 2010

The boat is in

I am blaming it on work. After 3 weeks off I started back this weekend. Between La-La and Gerard I was able to sleep very well on my in between day. For some reason though the exhaustion hit me yesterday. I slept for about an hour before Gerard had to leave but woke up to Anna crying for me.

Gerard came to get me even though he knew why she was crying. See here is what we do. In the morning I change Anna but some times she does not like to wear a diaper so I let her just put her PJ bottoms back on. I think for some reason this has helped with the potty training. I just can not see fighting to put on a diaper that number 1 she will just take off and number 2 when she is without it she does really well with going on the potty.

Gerard told me she pee-peed her pants and only wants you. Okay no he was not that calm more just a nervous wreck over it. Her pants were only a little wet. So I picked her up tried to calm her down and asked her if she needed to go on the potty. She made the potty sign for me so I put her on. The poor thing peed a river.

I just think Gerard and her both got scared at the slightly wet pants. A few tears still flowed as I got her cleaned up and new panties on. That is the point where I decided sleep was not what Anna needed me to do right now. I held her and we played. She did go back on the potty 3 more times yesterday for both pee-pee and poops.

Gerard had left to get one of our boats ready for the water. He called to see if we wanted to come with him for a little boat ride. So that is just what we did. We picked up lunch for Gerard, Papa and us.

Anna is very funny she wants to know how everything works. I mean everything. Gerard was getting the boat hooked up to the truck because there is a bit of preparation for that and she wanted to see it all. I hooked her into her car seat and she started to cry for the boat. I believe it went something like this..."Boat...Beach...Pool" over and over. I do find it hard not to laugh in situations like that but I did do my best to console her and tell her we were taking the boat with us. I do believe this is a hard concept for a 2 year old even though she points every boat out to me when we are driving.

We leave our boats in the water from now until about November at Gerard's parents house. No time like the present to start the water safety. While at Grandma and Papa's house if she is outside the jacket goes on period no discussion on this topic. I do feel lucky because I know Gerard's parents feel the same way so I can count on if she is there with just Gerard and not me that they WILL follow this rule.

In went the boat which I think was easier then trying to hold Anna at the marina. We got on the boat and drive it around. I know this can be very hard to picture but the water is what we call back water or very calm water. You can only drive the boat extremely slow or only fast enough not to form a wake. Please keep that in mind when I do get the picture up of Anna driving the boat.

She would not hear of not being able to drive and steer the boat. We both just laughed. She did not give me a hard time about wearing the life vest so all was good. Gerard and I were talking, he was driving now. Suddenly the engine shuts off. No power nothing. I see the look of what the heck come over his face. Stuff like that makes him crazy because he spends a lot of time on keeping things up and running well.

That is when I told him "Aren't you glad we are with you today?"
He just looked puzzled. Again hard not to laugh
I said "I would try starting it again before you get worried"

Yup the little sprite shut the engine off. I blame Speech therapy because she has to ask and play with keys for one of her favorite toys.

Once back to the Grand parents house I left the 2 men in charge of her and went home for a nap. Gerard brought Anna home who also fell asleep at 5pm laid her down next to me and then woke us up at 6:30pm figuring bed time would be really late if he let her afternoon nap last much longer.

No comments: