Sunday, June 27, 2010

A game of toss

Yesterday morning Anna got up about 15 minutes before I got home. This was a Gerard morning as we refer to them or a morning that he flies solo until I get home around 8 am. Also being what we call a between day in this house or a day when I have to work that night as well, Gerard decided he was going to take Anna, Jimmy and La-La on the boat fishing.

My job was to get her packed, fed and changed to go with him. I know to some this sounds like he is not doing what he needs to do but I really love caring for Anna especially when I have to work because I do miss her. Step one was change her diaper and fold it up tight then get her dressed. I told Gerard here throw this out for me and tossed him the diaper! You would have thought that I tossed hot boiling water at him. Yes, he let out with a scream as he jumped out of the way of the diaper. Yes it was a scream like a girl! My first instinct was to laugh so I did and went about getting her ready.

As I was getting up to get her hair brush and bow, Anna jumped up grabbed the diaper and started to call "Dadddda" without a seconds notice he was pelted with the dirty diaper. He screamed again like a girl and that was all the encouragement she needed. Now picture this, a grown man being chased by a tiny 2 year old with a very menacing pee-pee diaper, wham pelted again. This will never lose humor for me. If I had the camera handy the no picture rule would have been lifted.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute...and definitely a laughing moment. Thankfully no diapers here but I can picture that happening. I can just hear Anna laughing at him. Too funny!
Melissa

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

OMGoodness! That is so hilarious I about peed my pants when I read it! I can totally see Lexi doing that to her brothers. :D

Laura said...

Oh, how I wish you had a secret video of this scene....

FUNNY!!!!

~Laura :)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!! I will have to post sometime about listening in on the baby monitor, not long after we came home, to Pat changing Aidan's diaper. . .Men are soooo funny!!!!