Saturday, March 13, 2010

A year ago today

Just one year ago I was packing my things in to my suit case with tears in my eyes. I was so unsure of the future. I feared that I would not be able to adopt Anna for many reason some that I have shared publicly and some I have only shared with a few friends. How amazing the difference a year can make in one's life. (Blog entry from the day I met her)

The rain is coming down and the wind is very blustery here which by the way woke me up but the first thing I thought of today was Easter as I looked at my baby sleeping. I really do not want a repeat of Christmas in many ways but mostly I do not want to feel rushed and unorganized. I like having everything done and ready to go look who sounds like she has OCD now.

So this morning I finished my first task the Easter basket. I realized last week that I had not ordered one. I wanted one from P0ttery B@rn kids with the peter rabbit liner. How I missed ordering it before they were all sold out is a mystery to me but the days just seem to slip away way faster then I ever noticed before.

Gerard was up already and getting ready to go to the gym. I was busy on the computer on Eb@y trying to get what I wanted and discussing the size. Pondering over should I part with that much money for a basket and liner. Gerard looked at me and said "She will have it for so many years you may as well get the one you want."

How profound I thought this statement was even though he did not realize what today is mostly because either of us usually know the date but we function on what day of the week it is instead. She is here forever with us. Sounds crazy but when you have had so many different bumps in the road you can start to think that the day your child comes home will never happen. Here we are one year later talking about the future without any "ifs" or "when" in terms of her arrival to our family.

Today I will breath a sigh of relief hug my baby and enjoy the moment.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

A year! Amazing. It has been a great year too! So many changes but our lives are certainly for the better now. Congrats!
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh Joy,
I know what you, and Gerard mean! I just cherish each and every moment--even the not so good ones!--each and every day. I haven't left Aidan over night yet and I dread that possibility. But, one thing I know is that this Easter I will NOT be rushed and disorganized. I pray the same for you! Call you tomorrow. . .

Jane and Jim said...

YES! It's such a GREAT feeling to say - Next year...blah blah blah - it's soooo permanent and wonderful!!!

Enjoy every day, every moment.

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

:) Made me smile.

Troy and Rachel said...

WOw - One year!! It's amazing how long the wait seems and then suddenly they are here and growing so fast!!

Laura said...

Even tho' some moments were tough, I'm sure you wouldn't change a thing as they brought you to where you are today.

What a blessed year it has been!

~Laura :)