Saturday, March 27, 2010

Eggs Galore

In my attempt to be more organized while enjoying the holidays and everyday life with Anna I have officially gotten started on the Easter projects. Today was dyeing the eggs and tomorrow we will get our first Easter egg hunt under our belt. Is pushing and shoving allowed by the Mothers...hmmm I wonder. We are working on gentle touching so I guess I will have to remain polite tomorrow.

Her Easter basket came in the mail the other day. Going to the store can be near impossible for me because Anna is so excited about just being out so most of my shopping if possible is done on line these days. I found a basket with a liner of Peter Rabbit from one of my favorite stores. The liner was sold out but lucky for me I found it on Eb@y. As I pulled in the big box from the front step Anna unknowing let out with a guttural "OHHHHH!" Okay it was just a plain brown box but I was thinking the same thing so I guess that is normal.

I quickly opened the box and my hopes were dashed. I pulled out the box and the strongest smell of gasoline came floating out along with the beautiful basket. I will not tell you just how much I paid for this basket but I will tell you it was more then the amount of stuff going into it. After I phoned the company I was told they were not getting in any more baskets for this year. I think it stinks both literately and figuratively, by the way the company is giving me a full refund.

Last night Gerard, Anna and I decided to go to the store to purchase a new basket. We looked in 3 different stores, yes that is right 3 different stores because the one store only had 4 very small baskets, the other store only had less then pretty baskets but finally the third store had one that the liner would fit into and was beautiful in my eyes. One Easter basket purchased so mark that as done.



Bright and early this morning we got our selves up and running. Okay it was more like a slow walk with a lot of stretching. A quick breakfast then it was on to Easter eggs. Jaime, Greg, Hans, Jillian, Julie, Joy, Johny and Wayne all came over to get the job done and what a job they did. The eggs turned out to be beautiful. Only a few got cracked in the process.

One special thing that we did do is we dyed a few eggs in the traditional Russian manor. From what I have read dry onion skins are saved boiled with water and then the eggs are submerged into the water. What beautiful golden eggs this process made. Now I am off to iron her dress for tomorrow.




5 comments:

Laura said...

I didn't know there was a special Russian manner in dying eggs...hmmm, will have to check that out!

Not sure if it's the way Anna has her hair...but she looks like such a grown up little girl! Stop - she's growing up too fast!

Blessings for a wonderful Easter,
Laura :)

Melissa said...

Same here. She is growing up too fast. They all are! We are hoping to dye our eggs this week. I'll have to check on that Russian egg dying too. Have a wonderful Easter. Can't wait for pics of her in her cute dress!
Melissa

sunset pines farm said...

we dye eggs too, on Good Friday(this coming Friday). I often use natural ingredients, and last year our chickens were laying the most beautiful speckled eggs, some cream, some brown, that we simply boiled them and kept them those colors.
Happy Easter!

Jane and Jim said...

ADORABLE pics! She IS growing so fast - she's toooo cute!
I didn't know about the Russian Easter eggs either...
Thanks for the info!

Carey and Norman said...

What cute pictures. I so love the pigtail on the top of her head. How cute is she? And, I love the photo of Anna hugging the Easter Bunny. Adorable!

So glad that you are doing well. Sorry in absence. I am enjoying catching up with my friends blogs during naps this week!