Monday, March 22, 2010

What a day or I mean weekend for the beach!

Last week we were blesses with some of the nicest weather. My feet finally did not feel cold probably should wear closed toes shoes in the snow but that is a different topic. Now I am going to back track to 3 weekends ago, the weather was cold and wet and we were all going a little crazy in the house. I had seen a sign for a children's fair. I will be honest I was willing to take her any place where she could run around a bit.

While I was at this fair I signed up for a couple raffles that were being held by some local vendors while Gerard chased Anna who chased the robot, Snoopy and the Alligator until they could take it no more (I mean the characters not Anna she would still be chasing them!) I will be honest I really only wanted to win one of the raffles but I am the type of person who will sign up anyway.

Low and behold I got an email that night when I was working...I WON! Can you guess? A picture session on the beach! I have seen this photographer around town but I do find it difficult to write and drive. Gerard told me he felt a bit suckered because he agreed to be pictured if I won. So some time in May we will be having our portraits done on the beach.

As with most things preparation is everything. Anna gets very distracted when there is water around so getting her use to the beach and seeing the ocean is important Gerard told me that he thinks it was just an excuse to go to the beach...maybe but I do not care.

So last Thursday Jillian, Jimmy, Jaime and I took Anna, Coconut (the little black dog) and Sadie (Jimmy's dog) to the beach. What a perfect day. Then on Saturday we went to the St. Patrick's day parade with Jillian and Chippy also known as Pawpaw. The parade was in one of the seaside communities just north of us that also has a boardwalk. After the parade we went to the boardwalk to walk around eat hot dogs, fries fresh squeezed lemonade. Let's not forget the deep fried Oreos which were Anna's favorite.

I love preparing for this task.







She loves to dance!

Anna & Pawpaw

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you please try to use SOME kind of punctuation?
Your grammar is horrible and it's so hard to read.

Anonymous said...

Wow Anonymous - feeling snarky today? I'm certain you could have worded that way differently.

Just sayin...

Shelly and Steve said...

Adorable pictures!!! Thank you for continuing to share with us all. I need reminders that there is a light at the end of this process!!

Seriously?? People don't have better things to do??? amazing

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I love seeing all the sweet photos of Anna and your family!!!! And your posts always make perfect sense to me.

A photo shoot on the beach is on my MUST-DO-before-the-kids-grow-up list. And I only have one more year before my oldest is a teenager. Time flies! I can't wait to see (or read) how your photo session turns out!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

HaHa... I just saw the "Only positive comments accepted here". I LOVE it!

Dear Anon, like my Granny always told me, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Seriously, Anonymous, don't read if it bothers you so much!

Pollock Family said...

what is this anonymus problem?? What a a heck is wrong with people?

Ms. Elaine said...

I really like the second piture of here with the buckets! I think you are ready for May....little white sundress and she is set!

Jane and Jim said...

She is too adorable!
LOVE that hair!

Don't worry about other people - write it like you want to!

Anonymous said...

Seriously - anonymous! Keep your rude comments to yourself. What is wrong with you?!?! I love your blog, and love all the great pics and details. I always enjoy reading it.

Victoria

Candace said...

You know... annonymous(rude commenter), if you are going to post negative comments, at least have enough nerve to leave your name and e-mail so we can read how perfect you are on you own blog!

And... your blog is great! Love the pictures and even though I do not comment very much, I enjoy reading! Thank you for sharing!