Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crayons & Cookies

I do love it when Gerard is home and playing with Anna. He does not quite realize just how much she misses him during the day. Everytime I think of coming off the night shift when I am so tired I think of how much I would miss. Gerard usually calls pretty often throughout the day to see what we are doing.

Yesterday he was home with us the better part of the afternoon. Anna is quick and busy and has been from the minute I met her. He usually does not watch her alone when she is awake you know diapers and such and he has made one or two comments like did she do that when you dozed off this morning?

Silly man there is zero dozing off because I am truly chasing her or picking up all day long. Which brings us to yesterday. I was cleaning up after dinner and left the two of them about 3 feet away, no lie, small house open floor plan. Anna and Gerard each were having "cookies". Anna had her crayons out and was coloring.

I am pretty sure I was getting a lecture about time management or sometime like and how when you have a child sometimes it is difficult to get things done while keeping her busy but that it can be done. To that I said really! Then I asked how was the cookie? Then I asked when did Anna start eating the green crayon? Then he said I see what you mean you can not take your eyes off her for a minute...you probably are not dozing off are you?

One thing I did find to be amazing is crayons will come off your walls in a matter of seconds. Crayons coming out of a 2 year olds teeth takes at least 2 people and 2? minutes.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes. They are quite busy. Mike had no idea until I started tutoring after school. Now he is with Colby from 2:30 until 5 or 6, depends on the day. The first few days he complained of being tired and not getting a chance to make dinner. I just replied, "Welcome to my life!" Very funny. We haven't had crayon on the wall, but Mike didn't appreciate the permanent black Sharpie on the just painted wall!
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

They move at lightening speed! The hand, and child, is quicker than the eye. . .I have stickers on my floor in the Rec Room. . .suggestions for getting them off??? : ) Awesome that you got the crayons off the wall. . .how???

I just love you guys and your stories! They sound so. . . .familiar!

Jane and Jim said...

Ah men.... yeah, they just don't get it until they are forced to!

(I bet you're secretly glad she ate the crayon!)

Try a 3 AND 4 year old!
(What did I get myself into!!)