Thursday, November 5, 2009

Surgery scheduled

I feel like this day has already been too long. We leave for the hospital at 2:30 am so that we can be checked in for 5:30 am. Today the cancer will be removed from my Mother by removing part of her lung. Wow that sounds too graphic. Did I ever tell you that I can not watch surgery on TV because it makes me sick but love it in person, weird right. To say I am worried is an unestimation of how I feel right now. I guess that is why even though I should be sleeping I am up blogging.

My bag is packed and I plan to stay in NYC for a couple of days. As if the guilt of leaving Anna was not enough she is also now sick for the first time and I will not be able to be home with her to wipe her never ending stream of slime coming out of her nose. I still think it is better for Anna to remain in her environment rather then being in the hospital waiting or in a strange hotel without her things.

Gerard is off and Jillian & Jaime will be here for her as we have done each time I have had to leave. Jillian moving back from Seattle could not have happened at a better time for our family. Jaime told me the other day she now realises how hard it is to leave your child for someone else to care for. I am trying not to think about this much because the words that run through my head about leaving her make it worse for me which in turn makes it worse for Anna because then I start to over analize her behaviors.

So now I am off to finish up the remaining chores on my list while everyone sleeps.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Joy: Just wanted you to know I'm saying prayers for your mom. Anna will will in good hands in the meantime and you have the wonderful homecoming to look forward to.

Travel safe.

Blessings,
Laura

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Joy,
My prayers for your mom, you, Anna, and Gerard--not to mention the rest of your family!--continue unabated. This will not be the last time Anna will have slime coming from her nose. . .probably only the first of many for this winter alone! And, she will be fine, will understand, and probably already knows the depth of your love and devotion for her.

God bless,
Stacy

Pam said...

Joy,
Thank-you for letting us know about your Mom, we will be praying for her as well as your whole family. Its nice Gerald could be off while you are gone. Big Hugs!! Big Hugs!! Big Hugs!!(use as needed)

Carolynn and Steve said...

Joy,

You and all your family are in my prayers---a huge hug from me!

Carolynn

Jill and Cliff said...

Joy, we are keeping you and your family in our prayers. I hope and pray all goes well. Your a wonderful daughter and mother!!!! You do what you have to do and make the best of it.

Melissa said...

YOu and your mom will remain in my thoughts today. I hope all goes well with her surgery. I know how hard it will be to leave Anna but she will be in great hands. Thinking of you always.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Joy, I just wanted you to know you and your family are in my prayers during this time. I am praying that all went well with the surgery. It sounds like Anna is in wonderful hands.
Be well,
Teresa

Dana Doctor said...

Praying for your mom!

Kami said...

I am praying for your mom, you, and your family.