Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hoping for a week of calm*** edited to add important news***

First of all I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers. These past few weeks have been extremely on me and my family. I am hoping that the next few weeks will be a little calmer, even as I write this I am laughing because we will just begin to gear up for the holidays.

I do have some very positive things to post that actually I did not realize were very positive until my previous post and mostly because of the comments that you all left. So things might even surprise you all. Of course I need 15 minutes to start to write it so who knows when that will be.

While I was gone there were a few funny stories that I think you might like.

First was Gerard was watching her on the monitor so she did not realize he was watching. Anna is so aware of babies and her babies that it cracks me up. Gerard noticed it too so some times we just watch to see what she will do next with them. She had been trying to put her baby glow worm to sleep for about 15 minutes, wrapping, diaper changing, rocking (not in the bad way) and singing to her, then she tucked her in and told her to go to sleep by gentle putting her finger to her finger to her mouth and saying "shhhhh"

I have also been told that the one day she pooped, it was quite hard she walked by pulled at her diaper did a little shake and out the poop came. Then she when on with her playing. She is a smart kid.

I have been know to trouble shoot from the phone for Gerard, this past weekend it was necessary to leave him abruptly with Anna. He really does like to be alone with her yet but he is getting much better. Here is how the conversation went:

Gerard: It looks like the Silly Goose is walking on egg shells after riding a horse what does that mean?

Me: Well I think she pooped!

Gerard: Oh I don't think so she would not do that to me!

Me: Smell her bottom

Gerard: Bozz she did poop!! Help!

Thank goodness family lives so close by is all I have to say.

***Today marks 3 months at home as a family***

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

LOL!!! You're going to be fine. . .You would have laughed listening to Pat on our monitor changing Aidan for the first time. . .

lh said...

Joy, I wanted to write about your attachment post because, having adopted 3 girls and feeling alone and almost "ashamed" in how slow my maternal feelings were to become "whole", I wanted to share the one thing I learned which is don't worry or over think it. I really believe that unless you have some severe and serious behavior issues where the disruptions become necessary which is so beyond anything you're talking about, it just plain takes time! I heard so many people tell me it would be instant and it's not!!!! It takes time and I think it's nice for people to share that bit of information so we don't start thinking something is wrong or not going well during an already difficult time! Sure you love your child but, the actual maternal love that we want to experience doesn't happen overnight and it will creep up on you when you're not expecting it! For me, it was a good year with my first child and it just took me being the one constant for her. Regardless of the other people in her life, I was always the one constant and she knew it. I was there for all of her joys and trials and little by little it just grew for me and for her. It's still growing for the twins who have been home now for 14 months but, it took a while with them too. I always try to tell people not to worry about it or beat themselves up about it because it just needs time and it's perfectly normal!!! You're doing great and just relax and before you know it, the "adoption" and Russia will be a small little piece of Anna's history that you won't think much about any more! Days go by now where I don't even think about my kids being adopted where as during my first year with Katy, I often wondered if there would ever be a time when I didn't think about her as my "adopted" daughter. Well, it did come and now she feels like my daughter and I feel like her mother - I don't feel like a "fake" which is sort-of how I felt at first - not really like a "real" mom! I certainly do now!!! Glad to hear about your mother doing well too!!! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

What cute stories. Anna really is so funny. You both are doing great. And so is Gerard. Even now Mike can't stand changing poopy clothes. ALthough I don't blame him, changing poopy undies is not a fun chore.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

i loved the poop story...reminded me how my now 12 year old daughter used to do the exact same thing. it was a funny reminder. thanks! :)