Saturday, November 7, 2009

She is out of surgery

I would have posted last night but even though it was 8 pm it felt like I had been up for days. The surgery is over she has been in the ICU. She has been having quite a bit of difficlty breathing but she is not on a ventilator. This morning the nurse said she was doing better but the nurse in me will only believe it when I see it with my own two eyes.

I am not surprised by her condition although my sisters are. Oh how nice it would have been to be in the dark for even a short time. I am praying that her lung function improves changes are coming for my family. I know that we are up for it even if others do not realize it right now.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so happy to hear she made it through the surgery. One big step over. Praying for a good recovery.
Melissa

Becky and Keith said...

Joy - I'm so glad your mom did well in surgery! We're praying for your family and your mom.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Prayers continue. . as the caregiver, you need your rest, too. . .this is where the real work begins, as you probably already know! Glad she made it so well. Sounds like she's a fighter. That's a good thing to be with this insidious stuff!

God Bless!

Dede said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. I keep you in my prayers for the recovery.

Pam said...

Joy,
Glad surgery went well! We will continue to pray for a fast and complete recovery.
Just remember to get lots of rest and take care of yourself, You will be no good to anyone if you get run down!! But I am sure you already know that.
Prayers for you and your family!!!
Big Hugs to all of you!!!

Laura said...

I second everyone's thoughts about being glad the surgery is over, it went well and that our prayers are still forthcoming.

Hang in there, Joy -- your mom is so blessed to have you there with her!

~Laura

Nicole Brueck said...

I am happy she is out and doing well. Sending you our prayers.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Sweet Joy, I pray your mom recovers well and quickly. I'm glad the surgery went well. Take care of yourself too!

Amber said...

so happy to hear she made it through surgery and I pray for a quick recovery for her.

Suz said...

So good to hear she made it through ok. I'm sure you're exhausted. Prayers and (((hugs))).