Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Leaps and Bounds

We are all home from NYC. Yes even my Mother. She is improving by leaps and bounds everyday. Thank you all for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers.

There is so much to write about things have been so crazy busy around here that I can hardly think straight. So how did Anna fair in my absents for 4 days. Well better then I would have thought in many respects.

When I came home she recognized me hugged my leg then ran straight to Gerard. Jillian left shortly after I can home and it was late so I started the usual routine for bedtime and was met with a child who was so confused that all she could do was cry. Thank goodness Gerard had taken one more night off because he was the only one who could calm her down.

In the morning things seemed better but again tonight she had a rough time going to bed. One thing that we have started is using a meditational CD for healing and sleep. I found that this CD actually cut down the bedtime routine by over an hour. The only problem is it puts me to sleep too and usually well before she is ready to sleep.

I want to focus on attachment and bonding more now that my Mother is on the path to recovery. I have a few interesting things that I noticed as a result of my absents from Anna some good and some well I hate to say bad but more issues that I think I have rather then her.

However that will have to be another night soon. I feel as though I have not really slept in over a week.

5 comments:

Barb said...

So glad to hear your mother is recovering and is home! Keep on plugging away with attachment activities, keeping your routine, etc. Things will keep getting better!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You'll have ups and downs. . .keep at it. It will all come together. I promise. And remember, don't beat yourself up on feelings you may have: you're life has changed almost as much as Anna's has! It will be great, and soon.

Rich and Jolynn said...

So happy your Mom is recovering with Leaps and Bounds!!! You must have been so excited to be home and away from Doctors etc. I am learning so much from you. The great thing about this whole experience has been all the lessons I am learning. I just hope I pass the test, hehe. Anyway I think I know how you feel on some level. :)

Jo

Melissa said...

I am thrilled that your mom is doing well and is now home. I couldn't imagine leaving Colby for 4 days. It had to have ben difficult for you and Anna both. Keep up the routine. She will be ok. Having you away and now home might have confused her and now she knows that it everything is ok and Mommy is back! Just love her to pieces as I know you do! And try to get some rest for yourself. You deserve it.
Melissa

Pam said...

Wow!! Your mom is home already that is great! Nice to hear that she is doing so good.
I know it was hard on you being away from Anna for so long but just think of the progress in bonding between her and Gerald.
And she did get excited when you got home thats good too! After you are well rested things will look a lot better,at least thats how it works for me most times.
Big Hugs! All will be ok!