Friday, August 1, 2008

Have You Ever Played Marco Polo??

I am still here. I know I have been lost for quite a few days. No worries. I have just been so busy. My niece had her wedding reception last weekend and it consumed not only the whole weekend but also a couple of days leading up to it. I had hoped to have pictures to post but I have not gotten them downloaded from the camera yet.

No adoption news! Can you believe it that I lost my cordinators contact information. No I can not believe it either. Luckily I was able to find an old email and I emailed her because I had some questions stemming from the agencies that have been suspended. Even though this does not affect my agency as Gerard likes to say "She likes to worry!" I am starting to think he is right.

Anyway have you ever played Marco Polo?? That crazy game when you are in a pool and one kid yells Marco and everyone else yells Polo! I was in the new Target the other day minding my own business and I heard this woman yelling for her son. What was his name you ask well it was Marco!! So what can you do with that because the kid was not listening. This is how a mature adult would handle it. You go into another aisle and yell Polo!

Needleless to say the woman did not think it was as funny as I did but I was able to stay one aisle ahead of her so I was safe. I guess there was not harm done and I am sure this will not be the last time he is faced with that situation.

Which brings me to another Marco Polo issue. My mother lives in an adult community and we were at the pool. Guess what the sign read?? Got guessed it in big bold letters actually bigger then the other pool rules. PLAYING MARCO POLO IS PROHIBITATED! Well what do you think we played you guessed right a big fat game of macro polo! I'm a rebel!

****Disclaimer I love the name Mark and I actually like Marco too! But now I could never name a child that sorry!****

10 comments:

ana said...

That is hilarious! We used to love to play Marco Polo!

Hope you have some adoption news soon.

Amy said...

MARCO.... Where are you Polo??? That is too funny. I would probably done the same thing. he he he

Dede said...

I would have thought it was funny if I had been at Target!

Christen L said...

You are a riot! :)

Jane and Jim said...

Sooooo funny! I would have done the same thing in the store!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
I hope your agency knows more than ours does about suspended agencies. I called our agency on Friday and they still don't know what is going to happen. Scary!
That is so funny about the Marco Polo - I used to love that game as a kid!
Take care and talk soon! Teresa

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

You cracked me up! I have a great image of you staying one aisle ahead - out running Marco's mama!

cm

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love it! I think I would have probably done the same things! Awesome story!

My prayers continue for you on the adoption front. . .

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You are a crack up! That is so funny. If I had been in line with you, I would have played too! Thanks for the laugh!

I just know you are going to hear something soon. You seem to be much more patient than I am that is for sure! Hoping for good news soon!

Becky and Keith said...

You are too funny!! :-) I wonder why it's prohibited at the pool?!?! Those poor kiddos will miss out on a fun game! :-)