Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Still Hanging Around

Today is the start of my summer vacation. I have successfully saved as many vacation days as I possibly could in the past 2 years so that my maternity leave will be completely paid. I have less then 2 weeks and school is out. Yeah for me!

I know that so many times I have heard other say get things done while you wait. So that is exactly what I think I am doing. I have thought long and hard about whether I should spend money on going some where or doing some thing with the money that I would have spent.

Funny how you start to re-think every purchase when you are looking to save money. In the past I would have spent this time at a spa or by going to Myrtle Beach with my nieces and nephew. I have decided not to use my vacation money like that this year.

Instead I have decided to take the money at redo my bedroom. I would love to have some new curtains and bedding. Hopefully I will be able to find some bedding that I love and I will order some new curtains. Otherwise I am still just hanging around.

3 comments:

junglemama said...

Oooo, let me know what colors you choose. I'd love to redo my bedroom sometime.

Deb said...

What a great way to spend vacation and a little extra cash. Enjoy and be sure to post some pics when you're done.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, have fun decorating your bedroom! That sounds like a great plan. Talk soon...Teresa