Friday, August 22, 2008

We Have a Baby!


Made you look! No not a referral just a new stuffed baby. I have been thinking about the things that I should start to buy and put aside for when I do get a referral. I know that some of the things that others have packed are small blankets that they have slept with for a week or two. Other things have been a small doll or stuffed animal.

This past week I found a Dalmatian beanie baby and thought that was a great idea to bring to Russia with me for the little guy. So I purchased the baby and put the bag in the baby's room. Some how she just knows when there is a stuffed animal in the house. She gets so excited wagging her tail and nosing through the bags.

I thought I had put the stuffed baby up off the floor but I guess it was not up high enough. I keep trying to hide it but she keeps finding it. Look really close and under her face and you will see the new baby. I guess I must employ a different parenting technique!

4 comments:

PattiL said...

Let me know some of the thing you get. I got a list from my agency on what to bring, and presents for the caregivers. They say to bring 9 gifts. Also to prepare to layer for the cold weather. Also that Russian have a thing with showing skin in the winter, and not to be surprised if someone comes up to your child and covers a piece of skin that you have missed. Weird ha! But I need to pick up some stuff, but will go when we get out referral. So at least I know how old he is. Iam saving up coupons to get the medicine I need.

Referral hurry up!

Janine said...

Ohhhh..you got me!!! I was so excited for you!!

Deb said...

Such a tease. Cute baby.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

She has to be the sweetest puppy dog in the whole world, Joy. You did make me smile when I saw the title! I hope and pray you don't have to wait much longer. I can give you a list of Owen's favorite books if you want to look for while you wait! :)