Tuesday, July 22, 2008

At the beginning of the summer I warned my friends that this year I expect to be entertained all summer. They all laughed at me. So I took matters into my own hands. Yesterday was the 1st annual entertain Joy day! We decided that we would all meet at the beach. So off to Island Beach State Park we went.

When I was a kid this was an island that we would go to by boat. But you can also get there by driving. Yesterday we drove. I would have loved to go by boat but the visibility was not get and the water was too cold for the jet skis 55 degrees. YIKES! In spite of the cold water we had a great time. On this beach we were able to build a fire. Out came the marshmallows and hot dogs. In all my years we never had a fire on the beach.

Luckily for me my good friend Pat K. not only comes prepared with wood but she also had these great devil type pokers for roasting. We watched my friend Lynn's Grandson Zach buggy boarding in the surf WOW is he a dare devil. Tyler her other grandson was fascinated with the building of the fire. Her son Jeffery carried most of the fire wood onto the beach and without that we could have never had the blaze that we all enjoyed.

Amy's son Matthew was the mighty fisherman but only came away with stories about the ones that got away. Ryan and his friend were very helpful is spearing and cooking food like items (You all know what I mean).

Our 2nd Annual Entertain Joy Day is fast approaching we are all going to have to get our sea legs because we are going on a boat. August 11, 2008 we will be fishing my niece's uncle's boat the Doris Mae IV.

4 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Fishing and the beach!!! Can I come too???

I think you have a great idea!! I wonder if it would work for me too?

Glad you are having such a great summer...

Kevin T. said...

Sounds like you are having a great summer! I love fishing boats, but mostly from the shore - The only time I have been on one of those types of boats, I got really sea sick. Have fun!
Teresa

Christen L said...

I'm so glad you're having a good summer and staying positive as usual about all things adoption related. Great pictures in the last few posts.t

God's Girl said...

We adopted from St. Petersburg Russia 2 1/2 years ago. When we got our 2 year old girl, it made the whole thing worth the wait.

May God give you lots of grace and patience as you wait.

All for Him,
Julie