Thursday, August 23, 2007

Paperwork, Paperwork and More Paperwork

Some of my family and friends have seen the binder full of paperwork that I have occasionally toted around. Well I have to say after yesterdays addition of paperwork I think I may need an additional binder. The first binder is full of things that I had to get together for the Home Study. This round of paperwork is for the Dossier.

The Dossier is a package of paperwork that asks for some of the most bizarre things like a letter from my real estate agent. Thank goodness she is wonderful. Did I mention that everything needs to be notarized. Each document is only good for one year. So I definitely see myself doing this at least one more time before the adoption is complete. Thank goodness for computers and the ability to save documents. I will write out as much as I can and email the documents to everyone so that it can just be copied and pasted onto their letterhead. There are about 50 different pieces of paper that I need to submit for the Dossier.

After I submit these pieces of paper then Children's Hope International or CHI will look over each document make sure I have done it correctly. After that review then the documents will be translated into Russian and sent to Russia. The government will review these documents and then send me a referral.

I have read everywhere that this is like a paperwork pregnancy. I think that is very true because like many people who are worried about tests or keeping the pregnancy to a viable state I have many of the same worries. If the Home Study does not go well or does not see me in a favorable light that is it no adoption and no baby. I am not sure if everyone knew just how important this paperwork is to me or the adoption process but this step is vital to the survial of the adoption.

No comments: