Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today Was Picture Perfect


Well I did it. I bought a digital camera. I figured that I needed to get better at using this type of camera because it is so important for capturing all the important things that are coming up. I spoke with my Mom today and we talked a little bit about taking pictures that were taken of me as a child. See I am number 5 out of my Mom's 6 daughters. By the time my Mom was done having all of us she could never find a camera. As a result there are very few pictures of me as a child. One of my hobbies is scrapbooking. My nieces and nephews know that they could be caught on film at any point in time. I always had a disposable camera in a draw some where in my house, car or purse.


I ended up buying a Kodak easy share camera. That is the one that I was talked into at the store. I hope I will not be unhappy with this camera.


So t test out my camera I took it with me to the beach today. Unfortunately, I was alone so I was not able to get any pictures of myself but I will share what I did take with you all in this post (As soon as I figure out how to do it). Even though I never tan I do enjoy going to the beach this is one activity that I hope my son or daughter will also love. I can remember staying in the ocean for hours and being burned until I was as red as a lobster. I think I am going to start a list of things I want to do when the baby comes. I seem to have a ton of ideas now but who knows whether or not they will still be there once the baby is here.

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

You'll love the camera! A friend of mine has a Kodak. Great picture of the beach.... boy would I love a vacation after seeing that picture!

Deb said...

Just found your blog.
I've used that camera before. It's good and if I remember it's small so easy to carry with you.

And as for bringing a traditional camera to Russia with you, I recommend it. I know someone who went on their first trip and their camera broke, luckily they had some disposables with them.
I've also heard it suggested to leave a disposable camera (labeled of course) at the orphanage inbetween trips.

Oh and the picture of the beach... Gorgeous! Wish I was there.

Troy and Rachel said...

We have a Kodak and love it!! It's so much fun taking digital pics and not having to develop the horrid pictures that are inevitable!!

Anita said...

Congrats on the camera! I'm sure you will LOVE it and wonder how you survived w/out one!