Friday, August 24, 2007

Just a Little OCD

Today Gerard just learning about and I went shopping. "What did you buy?" you ask. Well the shopping trip centered around 2 different things for Gerard one was a pair of shoes that do not exist and the other was a pair of shoelaces. I know everyone is Gerard and I so let me tell you a little bit about us.

Gerard has undiagnosed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This does not bother me and actually I think he is very funny mostly because I do not have to take part in any of his compulsions. My personality is one that enjoys pointing things out to him that make him a little crazy. In the end we both laugh and have fun together because of it.

So back to the shopping trip. Have you every had to buy shoelaces? I have not except for today. Who knew that they come in sizes. I did not. The funny thing about this is that the shoes that he need to replace the shoelaces in ended up not being the pair that he replaced. Yes the laces were the correct size but he did not like the way they looked (Mostly after I pointed it out.) Mind you these shoes are the ones that he uses for cutting the grass. I thought he should just get a new pair but apparently these shoes were perfect for cutting grass. I usually use what ever ones are on my feet but that is me. So to make a very long story shorter he ended up with a new pair of shoelaces and moved 2 other pairs of shoelaces to accommodate the new ones.

The funny thing is that I happened to be on this mission for the perfect shoelaces with him and I ended up with 2 new pairs of Clarks, 2 new pairs of shorts and a great new top. Thank god he needed new shoelaces.

No comments: