Friday, August 31, 2007

First Home Study Interview...and I am Nervous!

I will be having my first home study interview on September 6, 2007 at 10:45am. I feel prepared but I am very nervous. What if they ask a question and I do not answer it correctly. I am sure that this is a normal feeling that all you have had about the process. My family as supportive as they are do not understand the seriousness of the home study.

So I lost it the other day. My mother as good as she is yelled at me to "Just snap out of it. Give me some paper work to fill out and I will just finish what needs to be done."

Well the funny thing about this comment is that I fill out all of her paper work for everything. She made me laugh. It really helped but I am still very nervous. I think I am going to start to do Yoga again to help with my anxiety about the home study and the accreditation and everything else. Somehow I feel better having this blog. It is a way for me to put my feelings out there to people who are experiencing the same feelings and frustrations that I am feeling. I only have a few blogs that I read but I have to say that each blog that I have read and commented on has really helped me to overcome my personal feelings of anxiety. You all do not know how helpful you have been to me. I will say a prayer for all of you who are traveling to complete your families, learning about your forever children, waiting for a referral, waiting for your second trip and dealing with any issues that have surfaced with your children.

I have decided to take time. Time to enjoy all parts of the experience without the hard times there would be no good times. I found a new blog today that I have added to my favorites list. This blog is called WorldWide Adoption Prayers. I have also added the link to this post. I am grateful for blogs like this one.
WorldWide Adoption Prayers
http://wwadoptionprayers.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Deb said...

Of course I don't mind if you add my to your list.

I've found so much strength from other's blogs, it's great.

And it's totally normal to be nervous about your home study. It's important but you'll get through it. I was very nervous for ours. I was glad that my one on one was scheduled for 2 weeks later. After I knew our social worker I was much more at ease and able to talk freely. Just be honest.

Troy and Rachel said...

The homestudy will be easy. I was nervous too and the social worker put us right at ease. Always remember that they want you to be able to adopt too so unless you have wired dangling out of the ceiling or 10,000 cats using the bathroom is your house, you're going to be fine!!