Sunday, August 26, 2007

I Know I Need Digital Camera

I do not have a Digital Camera. For some reason I really just like to use the disposable cameras. Because Gerard and I will not both be able to go on both trips I think having a digital camera is important to capture the first couple of days I will be with my child.

Plus I would like to add some pictures to my blog and I do not have any saved to the computer. I never thought to get them put onto a CD. I do think a picture is worth a thousand words. In the past I have had a couple of different digital cameras that I never was able to use well. I consider myself a relatively smart person and one that can follow directions but I just have a mental block when it comes to a digital camera.

If anyone has some good suggestions for an ease to use digital camera please let me know. It anyone can surgically remove the block in my head against digital camera also let me know. I wonder if bringing a traditional camera to Russia s also a good idea. I would hate to lose anything that may be cute, funny or important.

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

We have always used a Sony digital camera and love it. So lightweight, pocket-sized and easy to use. I highly recommend a digital camera because you know friends and family will want to see pictures of your little one right away! :-)

Troy and Rachel said...

Hey! I saw your comment on our blog and please do follow our journey. I'll add you to my list and follow yours as well.

As for the IAD I just typed it in on Google and looked in my state. There are alot of good ones out there and you don't have to meet with them ahead of time. You can shoot me an email from my blog if you want more detail!!

I'm glad we "met" and look forward to hearing more on your journey to Russia!!

Anita said...

Canon cameras are great! You can go to abesofmaine.com--they offer free shipping. We's been using disposable cameras for years and just got our first digital camera and got the Canon AS460 I believe it is. My only complaint is that there is a delay when you take a pic. We also had to get a 1G memory card because the card that comes with it is so small! But it's amazing how GREAT digital cameras are compaired to disposable! You will be hooked!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

You may have already purchased your new camera, but just in case you are still deciding:

I recommend the Canon PowerShot SD900. It takes both digital photos and video. Yet it's small enough to fit in your jeans pocket. I bought a 2G memory card at walmart and it holds 1700 photos or 500+ photos with lots of videos.

It is very easy to use and has the largest viewing screen available, a zoom lens, 10 mega pixels, and will upload to your computer in a snap.

We used it to take photos of our boys on the beach this summer and sent them off to be enlarged and printed on a canvas. The quality is so good and colors so vivid that everyone thinks they are actual oil paintings.

I love it!