Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm not in Seattle anymore

I have e to say I know I live on the east coast but it has felt more like Seattle then the Jersey shore. I can say that because we visited Seattle 2 years ago for the playoff and even though the city was beautiful and the people were very warm. I could not stand all that liquid sunshine. I have been on vacation for the last week and it has done nothing but rained. The result of this is that the grass is growing all day from the time that the sun hits it in the morning to the time that is goes down. I think this is really funny because at our other house just about killed ourselves to get the grass to grow. At this house the grass grows so fast.

Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day and I plan on spending much of it on the beach. I love going to the beach even though I burn rather easily. I need to get out of the house a little bit on this vacation. I think that because I am in the beginning stages of the adoption process I feel like all I am talking about is the paperwork, traveling to Russia, picking up my baby, worrying about what challenges I will face when I come home and on and on. I think I need to rest my thoughts for a minute and enjoy the process. After all I am pregnant even if it is only on paper.

I wonder if anyone else felt this way during the paperwork and the waiting time. The one surprising thing that happened to me today is that someone who I did not think knew about the adoption asked me about how the adoption is going. I have to say I was shocked and happy all at the same time. I do not know whether anyone else has felt this way. I have to say I love children and I often ask others about what their children are up to. I thought today wow one day that will be me. I am so excited.

Like the grass needs rains children need love. I can not wait to give my child as much love as he or she needs to grow.

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my blog and welcome to the wonderful world of adoption! You're paperwork will go much more quickly then you think, which is good news! If I can help in any way, just let me know. We've been done with our dossier for just over a month so it's still fresh in my mind. I look forward to following your journey! :-) Best wishes!