Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let the Paperwork Begin!

As you can see by the time line at the bottom of this blog I have submitted my initial paperwork to the agency that will be doing my home study. Part of this paperwork was a biography about myself and why I wanted to adopt a child. Many of you have not seen this biography because it is so long I was not sure if anyone would be interested in reading it. I know many of my friends have heard me talk about my desire to adopt a child and some of you think I am a little crazy for wanting to change my lifestyle so drastically. I think that if you read a part of my biography you will see I am no different then any of you when you all were thinking about having a child. Just for me I have to go about it a little differently.

"...For me watching a child discover new things daily is exciting. Helping a child to become an individual who wants to learn new things on his or her journey to adulthood is one of the most important things a parent could experience in life. I have not been able to give birth to a child but I have taken many years to ponder the reason I have not been blessed in that way. I have discovered that my destiny was to adopt a child. Giving birth to a child is not the only way a person can become a loving mother..."

Writing my biography took a long time. I needed to do quite a bit of soul searching to figure out what my motivations for adopting a child were. I needed to be able to say with an open heart and mind that I am choosing to adopt because I want to experience the good and bad times that often come with motherhood. For the people for are supporting me in this journey you truly do not understand of much I appreciate your prayers and positive words.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Once you start to research and seriously look into adoption you find out how much the general population does not know... and how much you didn't know! The paperwork seems insurmountable, doesn't it? We just finished our initial application and got our fingerprints done today. Our homestudy classes begin on 9/4.