Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So where have I been?

I feel like I have been away from my blog for way too long. Even though it has only been a couple of days so much has changed. The next couple of months are going to test our faith a bit. We are experiencing some changes here in our family that I have not made public yet so until I do you all will have to wait too. I like to be as positive as I can be this change was unexpected and quite sudden so Gerard and I are still trying to figure out how we will work it all out first. No I am not pregnant.

I have been on vacation for the past 2 weeks. I decided to take off when Anna had her spring break so that I could spend time with her and not feel guilty about keeping her home with me. Except for our trip to Washington D.C. I pretty much stayed home. I feel like my house has suffered a bit so my intention was to do some spring cleaning and have La-La watch Anna for 2 of the days but due to her accident I felt it was best to just let her rest instead.

On the way home from Washington I felt exhausted. I thought it was just because we had been going nonstop by alas I was coming down with a virus. I have a awful cough and the sore throat. Usually I am over feeling sick in a day or so but it has been a week and I really do not feel any better. Do not be shocked but I even went to the doctors which is big for me and had a round of antibiotics that have not helped at all. I just feel exhausted.

I did manage to get my laundry room and dining room painted. My new dryer came on Tuesday, one that stacks onto the washer. As I have said before my house is small and space is at a premium. Prior to Anna coming home I had an office/guest room but because of our odd sleeping patterns here Gerard took over that room.

I loved having an office because I felt so much more organized when it came to my finances. So my new laundry room now has enough room for me to put a full sized desk. The room was painted a pale pink which I loved but is now painted a pale yellow cream. I had been thinking blue would be nice but I love the shabby chic cottage style so much and cream was a better choice.

I have collected a few little treasures to hang up in my new office/laundry room that should give it the right feeling. I have other reasons for needing office space. I am heading back to school. I have made the decision to become a Nurse Practitioner. I still feel like it is weird to even say. So for the next 3-4 years I will be taking classes towards my Masters degree, more on that later.

Easter was wonderful even though I was sick. We had the family over in the morning for an egg hunt. We kept it simple just sandwiches, chips and dip. Everything was cleaned up and put away by 3 pm which to be honest I could not have been happier about. I am just exhausted.

How about some pictures:





Hans dove into the trees to get an egg!





4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

As always, you all are in my prayers. When you are ready to tell everyone what's up, we'll be able to listen with love to whatever it is you have to say.

Much love and blessings.
Stacy

Troy and Rachel said...

Anna looks beautiful in her Easter dress! I also love her "bed head" in the one picture - I love Daniel's too when it's all crazy! We'll be praying as you work through the changes going on.

Melissa said...

I love that dress! She is adorable. I hope everything is ok and the change will be a good one. I'm here if you want to talk.
Melissa

Ms. Elaine said...

anxious to see what you have going on....hope you get to feeling better real soon!