Monday, August 30, 2010

Tears of Joy

Last night I worked so La-La decided to take Anna out for a bit so I could sleep some. The last week here has been a bit crazy. My extra time was spent finishing up my Shutterfly photo books. I decided that because so many have not actually met Anna in person that I would make the 12 X 12 photo books from the past year and decided that one for each season would be nice. My plan is to keep them our so Anna can flip through them when she wants and believe it or not she loves to look at pictures of things we have done. So that is the reason for the long stretch between updates.

I got up at around noon and decided that today I would get a couple of the things that I have been avoiding done. I packed snacks and we were off. Anna played with her baby doll in the back seat while I ran to two different banks and talked to one of the two farms I am considering for her birthday party. Then it was off to see the stock broker to sign some paperwork.

I seem to always be the only one in this office which for me is good because I never have to wait. Anna still melts down when she has to wait or if I have to take her in and out of the car seat too much with no fun for her in between. Paper work signed some friendly chatting and we were off to the dollar store. Picked up some coloring books and regular books. No melt down! I figured it would be pushing my luck but I decided to check out the party store. I got to look all around the store with no melt down!

Would it be possible to get one more store in without a melt down. I know I am pushing my luck and was quite prepared to leave at the first sign of tears or climbing out of her stroller. Off to Kohls.

Okay I am one of those Mommas that lets her child play with a toy usually a stuffed animal only while we are in the store then we put it back blow a kiss and wave bye-bye. I think this is a good exercise of control for Anna. Plus I have a problem with buying a toy for her every time we are in a store.

Two weeks ago we were at Kohls and she was loving on an Eeyore, putting them all to sleep. We waved bye-bye and left for home. She did not seem upset when we left. Yes I felt a little guilty because she seemed to love it but I thought this will be okay and it was. Today when we walked into the store she was so excited to see the Eeyores that we did the same thing picked one up to love so I was able to look for the couple little things I wanted.

I have been racking my brain for a cute Grandparents gift for Gerard's parents and my Mother. I think I have an idea for my Mother and today I found a picture frame for Papa. So now it is just Gerard's Mother's gift that has me stumped.

While I was looking at the frames Anna was playing and the stuffed animal dropped from her hands. I told her to be careful we did not want him to get hurt. She looked me in the eyes, grabbed the stuffed animal and said "It is okay,I'm here" while patting him on his back. To say I almost cried is an under statement. First she put more then two words together and even though it would be difficult for some one else to understand I heard it clear as a bell.

To see her hug and pat the little stuffed animal with such compassion and trying to comfort him just like I comfort her was amazing to say the least. Just then I looked up to see this picture frame and it read "A family is Forever." You know I had to buy it for her room. My plan is to take a picture of the three of us with her brand new stuffed animal. Yes we brought him home too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet story!!

Melissa said...

Too cute. She is definitely growing up. Love every moment.
Melissa

Ms. Elaine said...

Oh course you did! You could not leave him at the store since she was there to take care of him....how precious!

Anonymous said...

You absolutely HAD to bring him home! :) What a big heart she has, and what an amazing God we have. After everything she has been through, to still have such a wonderful heart! Great story -

Victoria

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome! When Aidan went for his 3 year old check up, I knew I could understand his speaking--several words strung together in a sentence--but I don't really think anyone else could! Anna is doing great! Keep up the loving encouragement and comforting hold with pats!!!

Stacy

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Okay, I'm crying just reading about it! I know what a big deal seeing her show such compassion was, and in the way that you do, and that she put so many words together to do so! You'll never fcrget this moment. I wish I had one of those frames! Love it!