Saturday, August 7, 2010

Plans are set!

Last November I had Anna Baptism planned but unfortunately it was the weekend after my Mother's first surgery so I cancelled it. I know that this is something that I wanted to take care of as soon as possible but did want to wait until my Mother was in the clear so to speak. Now that she is we spent the week preparing for the Baptism and setting up a little party to follow.

In retrospect I am glad that I waited because I feel like I can have a bigger party. My original plan to try and get it all done before I went back to work would have been quite difficult. Gerard and I are really falling into the Mama and Daddy roles, having this level of comfort actually has made it easier to plan this special time for Anna.

We went to a class this past Wednesday and I enjoyed hearing what Sister Pat had to say. I wanted this to be and feel like a celebration. For us this is a sacrament that symbolizes Anna's entrance into the Christian faith. I am very excited.

The dress that I bought for her last year still fits just a tiny bit shorter so she will get to wear that still. The weather should still be nice. I finished the invitations this morning and will mail them on my way to work. I booked a nice restaurant for a luncheon afterwards so that is taken care of too.

I just want to fit in finding something for me to wear, favors and pictures of Anna in her dress. I wish it were in the budget to have a professional photographer at the party. I hate the thought of my camera hanging around my neck the entire time.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Do you have anyone between the age of about ten and 17 going? If so, could you give your camera to them and ask them to be official photographer? That's the kind of thing my daughter would take very seriously.

Melissa said...

We waited and had COlby's Baptism exactly a year after we brought him home. It was the best thing we could have done. We were really able to enjoy it and to celebrate the year we had. I can't wait to see the pics!
Melissa

The Merz Family said...

can't wait to see the pictures! i think you live in new jersey, right? what part? you mentioned "sister pat" in your post...my husband's family knows a Sister Pat (she is a family friend for many years), so I was just wondering if we are talking about the same person....

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I wish we had waited too, but so many people wanted to come to see and meet Aidan we decided to go ahead so they could celebrate the day with us. Crazy is the word! It was 1 month after we came home, 3 days after Aidan's 2nd birthday and also the day of my nephew's birthday.

Can't wait to see the pictures of her special day.

God Bless!!