Sunday, August 15, 2010

Has it really been a week?

This week has been crazy. It seemed like I worked every day. Plans for her Baptism are well under the way. I had been thinking about what type of little favor I could give that would not cost a ton of money. I am big on favors that you can eat I really do not like a bunch of stuff hanging around my house.

Anna spent quite a bit of time with Gerard this week during the week. Yesterday was a town get together were they had a blow up bouncer that she loved. She loved it so much that they came home to get me up so I could see her bounce. There were a number of little kids in the bouncer and all I could think is in a couple of weeks one of these kids could be in her pre-school class.

One little girl was bouncing around to all the adults and trying to kiss them through the net. Gerard was alarmed because it took him by surprise that a strange child would want to kiss him. When Anna saw this she came over and kissed both of us through the net and bounced closer to us so the little girl would not have the option to bounce near us again. Okay I admit I loved it.

I think I have found the perfect thing for her Baptism favor. Have you ever seen the Legend of the Sand Dollar? Well I was thinking it would be perfect printed up and tied to a cookie or some chocolates.

Legend of the Sand Dollar
There's a pretty little legend
That I would like to tell
Of the birth and death of Jesus
Found in this lowly shell

If you examine closely,
You'll see that you find here
Four nail holes and a fifth one
Made by a Roman's Spear.

On one side the Easter Lily,
Its center is the star
That appeared unto the wisemen
And led them from afar.

The Christmas poinsettia
Etched on the other side
Reminds us of His birthday
Our Happy Christmastide.

Now break the center open
And here you will release
The five white doves awaiting
To spread Good Will and Peace.

This simple little symbol,
Christ left for you and me
To help us spread his Gospel
Through all eternity.
Anonymous


I did manage to steal a couple of minutes away to take her picture on the beach in her dress. I want to put the one or a couple on each of the tables. I am trying to figure out how to attach a couple Bible verses that relate to Baptism. I have found one that I love but if you have another I would love to hear them.




I just love taking pictures of her on Long Beach Island.

Matthew 3:16: "As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him."

5 comments:

Jennifer VBK said...

The website Picnik.com will allow you to edit pics and print them with words/art on them and the best part is that you can do all of that for free. Hope this helps.

Dede said...

Joy,

I just can't get over how she looks like you. Every time I see new pics of her, she looks more and more like you. What a precious little girl you have there!

Jean said...

"Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not; for of such, is the Kingdom Of God" Mark 10:14
or
"Arise and be baptized and wash away they sins" Acts 22:16
or
"Ye are all the children of God by faith in Jesus Christ. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ" Galations 3:26 & 27
or
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved" Mark 16:16
or
"Baptism doth also now save us" 1 Peter 3:21
But my favorite is the first one. I'm very excited for Anna to be baptized

Ms. Elaine said...

Such sweet pictures! I like the idea of putting the verses directly on the picture....and printing. Maybe you could use different verses with the different pictures. You can also add text with Picasa, google's free program. You can do a lot of basic editing and also make collages. Can't wait to see pics of the event.

Janet said...

Dear I do like the comment that Jean left about Mark 10:14. To add a little something to have as a memento for Anna as well as something she could use for her children and Grand children you might want to use a pretty shell you found on the beach to pour the water on her. This would go with beach pictures and sand dollar. Your ideas are wonderful! Cant wait to see pics of Annas Baptism