Friday, January 8, 2010

My Mother Told me to tell you...

I am sure that many may be wondering how my Mother is doing. I know there has been a lack of post about my Mother this was out of respect for my sister. She was upset by the thought of her illness being publicly out there. Today my Mother came over and told me that I need to post something for all who have prayed for her.

In November my Mother under went a right upper lobe wedge resection, in short terms they took out part of her lung do to lung cancer. At that time I was very concerned about her health and if she would recover and if she did what quality of life she would have. During that surgery they also did a biopsy of her uterus.

It has been determined that that biopsy is positive with Complex A-typical hyperdysplsia in real words it is about a hair away from uterine cancer for which she will need yet another surgery. After her lung surgery she was in need of home oxygen which stinks and is quite limiting.

Tuesday we as a family and her group of medical professional have determined that it is in her best interest to postpone that surgery that would have been next week in order for her to become more physically fit. There has also been some very excellent news from that visit...she is now OFF home oxygen!!!

One of the things that you all may not now is that when we are waiting for her appointments we try to talk about things that are fun and you all (my blogger friends) are some of the things that we talk about. I am able to access some blogs from my phone so that is what we do. I bet you guys never knew that.

At this last appointment I accessed a blog that I have just started to read that is private and my Mother saw that child's picture she started to cry tears for that family this time they were happy tears in a room where sad tears once were cried.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I am sorry that many of you have been in the dark I know you understand. You all are never far frommy thoughts and prayers

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I am happy to hear that your mom is off the oxygen. Thank you for your update. I was hoping she was doing well. I hate to hear of others with cancer. It is a terrible illness. Praying, as always, for her continued health.
Melissa

Beth said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. My dad has lung cancer and went through surgery and luckly for the past 2 years he has been dong great. I feel alot of his recovery is in part of the arrival of my adopted son from China 2007. Beth

Heidi said...

Thank you for the update on your mom. I was wondering how she was doing. Continued prayers for her until she gets a clean bill of health.

Anna looks great in your past posts. Loved the Christmas pictures of you and her.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to post a comment to let you know that I'm praying for your mom, my father was diagnosed with liver cancer in September and it's inoperable. He's starting round #4 of chemotherapy next Wednesday. I'm sure that I don't know what it's like to have a child and go through this, but I know that I'm struggling and it must be hard for all of you. Just know that I'm praying for your mom's recovery and healing.
MandyJo

adventuresofmj.com

Jane and Jim said...

I'm so glad to hear your mom's doing better - I HAVE been thinking about her.
It's funny, when I talk about different bloggers to people, I'll say things like, my friend Joy, blah, blah blah.... It's like we're all friends.
We should share things with each other!

Pam said...

I am so happy to hear about your Mom, we will continue to pray for her and your family.
I think the picture of you & Anna in your last post is beautiful. But I have to say Anna at the bathroom door is the best! When DH goes to the bathroom Nova will stand and knock on the door then want to carry on a convesation with him. I just laugh!!
Please tell your Mom we hope she continues to feel better and we said Hi!