Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yesterday was...






Anna's first official birthday party! This girl has got some friends who know how to throw a party. My Friend Dina's son Ryan turned 3 and we were invited. I have to tell you I have been to many children's birthday parties but I was even excited for this one. I remember when Ryan was born (I took care of him) he was a sweet baby. I still remember hushing him out to Dina so that she could see him sucking his thumb. Yes she is head over heels for her boys and she was as excited as I was to see it.

So on to the party. The attire Anna were a pair of jeans with a pink top that had a sweet little doggy on it. She LOVES animals so this was perfect. My friend Lynn told me she was not to wear a dress for this party because it was at a gym so being a seasoned Mother I took her advice but I could not resist throwing a tutu on over the jeans. I know Lynn would have approved. To my surprise Anna kept her bow in her hair most of the day.

I have not ventured into the toy area of the stores with Anna yet mostly because I am not really shopping much lately so I left Anna with Gerard yesterday morning on the hunt to get the perfect gift although I did include the gift receipt which I love when just in case he already has one. I decided on a Thomas the Train set.

The party was at a gym were running, climbing and jumping was encouraged. I worried that Anna would feel a little lost in among the kids but I think she did really well. She was tuned in enough to look for me but did not feel the need to cling to me. Lots of loud music for dancing and I laughed pretty hard when Anna stopped mid run to do a little dance. For the most part I think she followed directions well and was age appropriate for sitting still. The party was fast paced which is her favorite speed.

After the dancing there was pizza and cake. Anna was not jazzed by the pizza but man I had worked up an appetite so I was very jazzed. One interesting side note because I work the night shift I almost never get to eat pizza which makes me sad because pizza is one of my very favorite foods. She did however enjoy a big fat piece of cake.

I think however I had a little flashback to what I think her days in the orphanage were like because for the lunch there was a small long table and little chairs. Anna is not know for sitting in a chair mostly stands I know bad Mother but she walked in and sat right down. I could see her face in the mirror and it was like what is happening here. That look quickly faded when she realised there was juice but I thought it was very interesting. It was not a sad look just a confused look.

This party was the first time that Anna has been around a number of kids playing mostly she was only been with Sloan, Aristotle and Hans. I think she had a great time. I actually showed her the pictures that Dina up loaded to F@cebook and she was trying to climb into the computer and was laughing and smiling so that tells me that she really enjoyed herself.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like she had a great time and as a mother of a 4 year old boy I am sure he loved the train. Love the pictures she is so adorable.