Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pictures for the Journey

I was thinking about some of the things that I have read about on other blogs. One of the things that I want to leave Little Bean after the first trip is a photo album of all the family members. I have 5 sisters and Gerard has one sister. We are all pretty close and I know that when we come home I think the child will feel a bit overwhelmed by the shear number of people. So I decided to have everyone's picture done at Wal-Mart. This is a little expensive because of the number of people who I want to have individual photos of but I think it is worth it.

Then it got me thinking back. We have not had a family picture since 2001 for my family and we were missing Michael and Aristotle was not born yet. We had all been on vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC and I called a photographer and had it done on the beach. I was so glad that we had these pictures done because they are so beautiful. I was looking at these pictures and I realized that the children have changed so much. Heck one is married and the other one is engaged to name only a few changes. Derrick has grown into a man and Michael is taller then ever. Jennica's hair is much shorter and she wears it straight now. Little Joy has grown taller then me. So I think it is time.

The last good group picture that we have of Gerard's family was from Ann-Marie's (AM, Which is what we actually call her) Wedding and I do not even have a copy. I hope to get them all together to get a family picture done but Gerard does have an aversion to cameras. I think that will have to be AM's job. She has a special way with her brother to get him to do the things that she wants him to do.

So here is the list of people that I would like to have a 5x7 of to leave with the baby (I am sure that I will have left someone out)
Me
Gerard
Nanny (My mother)
Jessica, Bill, Jennica, Derrick
Joan, Michael
Julie, Jaime, Greg, Jillian, Eric, Joy
Jackie, Rick, Aristotle (New baby)
Jenny
Chippy (Gerard's dad)
Mommybird (Gerard's mother)
AM & Eddie
Aunt Nel

1 comment:

Anita said...

This photo album is a great idea and we are doing one too, but just with snap shots not professional prints. This will be lovely, I'm sure.

Maybe also a great idea for grandparents for Christmas since you're getting them done anyway!

You are right, our journey's processes are very similar! :)