Sunday, October 28, 2007

I-600 Completed and Sent In

The last couple of days have been very busy on the adoption home front. I have received my final home study with all the notarized documents in place with the exception of the home study agency license. This document will be sent to me from the state of New Jersey. This is a big deal for me so I am very excited.

Because the paperwork has been changed for what CHI is requiring in order to send a Dossier to Russia I did not have to put together as many papers as others did in the past. See things really do go my way. I did however have to send in the I-600 form and need to have a copy of the approval letter to bring home little bean (I-171). Friday, I ripped open the home study package and put the copy into the envelope that has been waiting and when directly to the bank for the check and then the post office.

Here is another instance where I was very lucky. My bank's lobby stays open late and the post office was next door. I was the last one to be let into the post office. Now I know that this seems silly. I could have mailed this form on Saturday and the Department of Homeland Security would receive it on the same day as if I mailed it on Friday but I do not care because I am so excited.

I have been trying to pace myself during this wait even though I have not waited on paper as long as some of you out there. I have waited many years for the money to do this and for all the physical moves that I have made to settle down so that I can start this journey. I feel blessed that so far I have not reached any spot in this wait or journey that has made me rethink my decision.

I was reading on the FRUA website the other night about the wait for the I-171 approval. I started a ticker so that I can easily figure out how many days this will take to get back. I read on the Department of Homeland Security Website that it will take about 3 months for the I-171 to be sent to me. Hopefully it will be back to me by February 1, 2008.

Well I am off to do some really fun things like clean the bathroom, laundry, vacuum and make the bed. I do not want any of you to be jealous that I am going to have so much fun today.

3 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

It took our I-171 12 weeks even though the processing time was listed as 9 weeks. I was so frustrated!! Hopefully your get yours quicker. I am glad you don't have to do the entire dossier up front anymore. Keep us posted!

Becky and Keith said...

Congrats on sending in your I-600!! It's such a big milestone. I received my I-171 in less than 4 weeks, but my homestudy was the last thing I needed to send in (the Atlanta CIS office allowed us to send in the app and then the homestudy later). Fingers crossed that you get yours quickly!!

Susan said...

I'm hoping your wait time is much, much faster so you can start your clock ticking on the referral wait time.