Thursday, August 2, 2012

Monday at the beach!

Fancy projects are just goofy little crafts that I make with Anna. Hans is actually the one that termed the phase "fancy project" but it has stuck. Monday I had looked at the tide chart and saw that it was going to be a pefect day at the beach. Perfect meaning that it was a low tide with the tide coming in as opposed to going out. I know it does not sound like a big deal but believe me it is.

I asked Anna if she wanted to go to the beach in the morning and with that she hopped up to get her bathing suit on. She asked if Hans was coming too but he was going to see his Poppy instead. Who is her next favorite choice...Papa of course! I dialed up the phone and Grammy answered. Anna asked if Papa could come to the beach (Grammy is in charge of the schedule and Anna knows it which is pretty funny). Grammy told her "Of course we can come to the beach with you." We got there first and took a good long swim. Anna loves the beach probably more than me (if that is possible).

Earlier in the week I had asked Gerard to pick up some plaster of paris when he was out at the store. To my surprise he did. Monday's fancy project was going to be plaster of paris feet in the sand. Anna was so excited about making it at the beach. I asked her as we were walking up "Should we do our fancy project first or swim first?" The project won out over swimming. Basically, I took a plastic zip lock bag of the plaster of paris and some tap water in a bottle to mix with it. Our first attempted has yielded no feet imprints but we are planning on trying again the next time we go. I have to say that we are all loving fancy project day at our house. I think even Gerard is enjoying the little treasures that we are making.

So back to Monday at the beach. Anna and I were jumping the waves and swiming some. I found myself telling her that I never want to forget this day. She looked at me and said me too. Back to swimming and jumping the waves we went until Papa and Grammy showed up. Anna and Papa played in the surf and the sand until it was time to pack up. I was a little sad to think that July was almost over. I just want to extend this summer as long as I possibly can now that I have finished my school work. I am off from school until August 27th and I could not be happier.



After the beach it was time for a bath and PJs. These are her PJs from two years ago. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love all your fancy projects. They are adorable. Maybe when we settle down in the next couple weeks Colby and I can try a few. Oh wait, I have a house to put in order and an office to move to a new school. And school starts in about 3 weeks. UGH!!!