Sunday, August 19, 2012

Where HERE!!!

Okay who is confused? And where the heck are we? I think you need a little bit of history to go along with this story so sorry ahead of time for this being a bit long. Back in January I put in for my vacations for the year. Yes, I schedule my vacations that far in advance, yes, some of the people I work with think I a crazy. I usually schedule my vacations in a way that gives me a block of time off each month. I am very frugal with my vacation time so it works out well for me.

I mark all of the important dates on my calendar to see how it all falls. Being in graduate school also throws a monkey wrench into the mix because I like to be off during my school break. I have found out that being off for long stretches while in school ends up with me just obsessing about school. So this is the reason why I am on vacation this week (actually 11 days).

About 10 years ago I took La-La, Me-Me and the rest of my nieces and nephews on vacation to Myrtle Beach. The kids (who are all grown up now) had a wonderful time. I guess I just wanted a bit of that time recreated for Anna. I know one day it will be just not this week for a number of reasons...sigh. I spent most of the year attempting to convince my one sister who has two small boys to throw away their schedules and come to Myrtle Beach to play with us but because of business it was not possible for them. Instead they gifted we accommodations for a week which was very nice but I really do miss the boys, BIL, and sister. Me-Me, Hans and Greg were also going to come but another more serious situation has come up for Me-Me. I beg you to please pray for her and her family right now. It is because of that situation that I was very unsure myself that I was even going to go away.

So Friday night I packed the car with our stuff half heartily for vacation alone with Anna. Gerard came home Friday night at 12:30am (that is his usually time of getting home) and inspected my progress. I told him I did not want to go but he insisted that I go with the idea that I can always come back early if I like (the beauty of driving to your vacation destination). I had intended to get up and leave around 3 am to start the drive but I was unable to fall asleep until about 2 am. Instead I left at 7 am. For the entire drive down I had an internal fight with myself because I am feeling guilty that I am here when I feel like Me-Me and La-La need me there. Now that I am here that feeling has lessened. I know they will call me if they need me and I will pack up and come home.

For the better part of the ride Anna was awake. I was so thankful that she slept through the 2 hours of traffic that was going at a top speed of 10 mhp. If you have never been to Myrtle Beach I think it should be on your list of places to hit. The water is beautiful and there is a ton of things to do for kids here. I have never been disappointed once. Honestly, we have considered buying real estate here a number of times. The condo that I am staying in reminds me of the one that I stayed in while in Moscow except it is way nicer, better view, and the beach...okay the size of the condo reminds me of Moscow that is where the similarities end.

Today marks the day that Anna and I flew into the United States and were met by Gerard at the airport. Another reason why I wanted to be home with him and don't think that I did not consider flying him down to meet us for his days off. We have done that in past trips to Myrtle Beach because it is a 1 hour flight to and from VERY easy airports to travel from. I have such a feeling of deja vu because Friday I quietly packed up our things trying my best not to wake up Anna. I realized this morning that I forgot my transfer cord for my camera. So I will have to do one big photo post when I get back.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach. My mom and dad love it there. I've been once and it was beautiful. Enjoy your time away. Can't wait to see the pics.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Enjoy yourself!! I haven't been down there in a few years. We usually go to North Carolina beaches. but, I do remember how pretty it is. Both Carolinas are. . . If you have the chance, drive down to Charleston. You'll love it!! Have a great week!!!

Janet said...

Hope you are having fun!I did send an answer to your e-mail! Janet

Janet said...

I am so very glad that Anna came home to you and Gerard! Janet